Yet another open invite to brew with olllllo 5/10 or 5/11.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll be firing up the burners this weekend for some back yard brewing.
Saturday or Sunday? Undecided.
Time? Prefer morning.
Recipe: Possibly a Saison (still unsure)

The outlook is hot! But we will be able to jump in the pool from time-to-time.

Sat
May 10
32.gif

Sunny
92°
Sun
May 11
32.gif

Sunny
94°

If anyone is interested in joining in on one of these weekend days let me know.

I'm going to bump this.

I need to start thinking about what to brew and get a starter going. I am off the Saison Idea for now, because I ordered Brew Like a Monk, yesterday.

I've also decided to use Fantome as a model instead of DuPonte. This is going to require more research.

I got to decline. Heading to the east coast on the 12th and got a bunch of crappolla that needs to be taken care of beforehand.

I need to start thinking about what to brew and get a starter going. I am off the Saison Idea for now, because I ordered Brew Like a Monk, yesterday.

I just finished that book last week, lots of great info without saying "You have to brew this style this way." I actually liked chapters on the history of the various Trappist Monasteries the most. Now I'm in the middle of Beer School;)

While I think it's time for some HBT'rs to make it out to you for once, unfortunately I won't be able to make it out to AZ this weekend.

Ive decided on a Cream Ale based on Jamil
1.054 OG
2.9 SRM
17.5 IBU
BH eff 70%

6 Gal
5 lbs Continental Pilsner
5 Pale Malt 2-Row Domestic
1 lb Flaked Corn
1 lb Table Sugar
1056 Cal Ale, us 56
75 minute boil
1 ounce Liberty 4% 60 Minute
.5 1 Minute

Mash
149 F 60M
168 MO
Sparge 170

I'll probably use Hallertauer.

I might scale up to 10g and split one off for adding Chilies.

You should call it Yankee Ingenuity West !

Give my regards to Patty Kirkpatrick ! We will be getting together on the 18th way out here in S VT..

Hope your monk finds its inner beer.

Ive decided on a Cream Ale based on Jamil
1.054 OG
2.9 SRM
17.5 IBU
BH eff 70%

6 Gal
5 lbs Continental Pilsner
5 Pale Malt 2-Row Domestic
1 lb Flaked Corn
1 lb Table Sugar
1056 Cal Ale, us 56
75 minute boil
1 ounce Liberty 4% 60 Minute
.5 1 Minute

Mash
149 F 60M
168 MO
Sparge 170

I'll probably use Hallertauer.

I might scale up to 10g and split one off for adding Chilies.

I remember that lil discussion in the chat room this morning...

Can't this weekend. All my buckets, kegs, and carboys are full. After the next meeting I may have some room.

That's on the same order. I won't get it until next week. I will probably do a Saison in the next session.
I actually just brewed a Saison last night, based off of a Hennepin clone recipe. I changed up the hops based on what I already had, and I used WLP530 instead (I was accidentally given that at the shop) of WLP550 as the recipe called for.

Back