A question about perfect machines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, I don't think her mind was in that gutter GD.. but it was funny.

I think it would be funny for BL to come up this way this time of year. The daytime high, on the warmest day, MIGHT hit 33F. :D It's expected to be 11F tonight. On Wednesday they're calling for an overnight low of 4F... :rockin:

Hey BobbiLynn

You know you can get a free lifetime membership here? Many people would be happy if you did.

This is the MLT I'm putting together. What does yours look like?

image-1000692105.jpg

image-2780111028.jpg

This is the MLT I'm putting together. What does yours look like?

Nothing like that... Am I the one going about it all wrong? If that's the case, why do people enjoy my homebrews so much?

BobbiLynn said:
Nothing like that... Am I the one going about it all wrong? If that's the case, why do people enjoy my homebrews so much?

I'm still putting my AG brewery together. I those the cooler style MLT but there are a couple styles but they are all similar.

Mash tuns serve a purpose. That is to mash! They are all pretty much the same. Your choice will do you well.

Mash tuns serve a purpose. That is to mash! They are all pretty much the same. Your choice will do you well.

They only differ in construction of the vessel, the way they filter the grain, how you sparge with them, and such... So yeah, pretty much the same. :eek: :D

I've set up two cooler mash tuns before with two different style bazooka screens. My keggle mash tun uses a NorCal full diameter false bottom. The keggle mash tun is the one I like the most of the three. Not sure what I'll get for the next step up, depending on the target size. I might not have much choice there. :D

They only differ in construction of the vessel, the way they filter the grain, how you sparge with them, and such... So yeah, pretty much the same. :eek: :D

I've set up two cooler mash tuns before with two different style bazooka screens. My keggle mash tun uses a NorCal full diameter false bottom. The keggle mash tun is the one I like the most of the three. Not sure what I'll get for the next step up, depending on the target size. I might not have much choice there. :D

Okay, I'm just going to use the tubing I got from Home Depot. Rig it up and make it work... go all redneck on it!

Okay, I'm just going to use the tubing I got from Home Depot. Rig it up and make it work... go all redneck on it!

:smack:

Just be sure to make SMALL cuts/holes for the grain to filter through... OR look at the threads from people who have made them with success. IMO, you can buy a bazooka screen for short money. Get that installed and go from there. Trying to make something different can lead to more headaches, frustration, and throwing of mash tuns.

:smack:

Just be sure to make SMALL cuts/holes for the grain to filter through... OR look at the threads from people who have made them with success. IMO, you can buy a bazooka screen for short money. Get that installed and go from there. Trying to make something different can lead to more headaches, frustration, and throwing of mash tuns.

I can just use my dremel for that, right? I already have the idea in my head, don't need to look it up...

Shun-SHENG duh gao-WAHN, not another one... :eek: :eek: :D

I don't understand....you think I'll **** up? I'm going to make this work with what I have to work with, maybe tonight I'm not thinking clearly about it... but once the kit arrives and I read their instructions.... compare that to what I know... it'll work. I got this. I'll ask if I need help.

And I don't mean I was squishing whole squirrels through the grain masher. I meant after they are skinned, de-boned, organs and glands removed. You are then left with just a thin layer of meat, fit right through the machine so that's what I though it was for... pardon my mistake....

And I don't mean I was squishing whole squirrels through the grain masher. I meant after they are skinned, de-boned, organs and glands removed. You are then left with just a thin layer of meat, fit right through the machine so that's what I though it was for... pardon my mistake....

If you have a set of feeler gauges, see what the tightest gap you can get on that squisher is. If you can't at least get to .039", do NOT use it.

Milling grain requires more precision than squishing squirrel flesh. :eek: :D

And you continue to use incorrect terms... A 'grain masher' is a mash tun, where you mash/process the grain into sweet, sweet, wort. NOT where you CRUSH the grain (the mill or crusher)... :smack:

Bobby please stick to beer making. Squirrels, turtles, knomes and such are best left to another thread.

Make your beer with the beer kit you bought. It will be good.

Why do I find it difficult to believe that?? :eek: :D You don't exactly have a stellar track record in this category. :eek: :D

Again I will say, smurf off. What do you mean, besides the talcum powder baby butt batch, all my beer has turned out just fine!!! In fact, some might say "stellar".

Again I will say, smurf off. What do you mean, besides the talcum powder baby butt batch, all my beer has turned out just fine!!! In fact, some might say "stellar".

You got Pappi Smurf pissed off now... :eek:

I was talking about your threads, and things you've posted. Doesn't instill confidence that the mash tun build will go according to plan/script (without a laugh track at least :eek:) and trying to use something made to tenderize the squirrels you've slaughtered to MILL the grain is just a nasty thought. Unless you're going for a squirrely brew. :eek: :D

Gangsta_Smurfs.jpg

Fine, okay, I'm not mad, like real life mad, just want to dress up like a smurf and duke it out mad... hmmm... fun, fun, so it's a threesome?

You can try... I'll just open a window and freeze your FL buttocks. :D Or have some chili first and lock all the windows and let 'em rip. :eek: :D

Below 72 degrees fahrenheit, I freeze, I want some chili... homemade right?

Below 72 degrees fahrenheit, I freeze, I want some chili... homemade right?

It's 21F outside right now... As I mentioned earlier, the lowest it will be, this week, is 4F (at night). Won't get above 34F this week for a daytime high. :rockin:

Of course the chili is home made. What type of heathen do you take me for? Don't answer that. :eek: :D I even grind the meat up myself for it. Soak the beans at least overnight too. No stupid seasoning packs used here (unlike my sister and brother-in-law :rolleyes:).

Of course the chili is home made. What type of heathen do you take me for? Don't answer that. :eek: :D I even grind the meat up myself for it. Soak the beans at least overnight too. No stupid seasoning packs used here (unlike my sister and brother-in-law :rolleyes:).

Seasoning packs piss me off... can you pass me a bowl?

I know something went over my head, but I'm not sure what... just gonna eat this bowl of homemade chili and be thankful...

I'm sitting here in my home, it's wnter but I keep the temp low cause I like cool. I'm weariing socks, sweatpants and two shirts. Very snugy. Tonight will climb into my bed with a big warm comforter. Nice

How cold can it be out in CA?? Seriously... :D

I don't have that much chili left from the previous batch. It is on my list of things to make though. I made turkey soup on Saturday from the xmas bird carcass. Next up is another batch of pasta sauce. Need to get that made this week too. IF I have the room in my freezer, I'll make a batch of chili too. Just need to be sure I can get the 4-5 kinds of hot peppers I use. :D At least 4-5 habanero's are used in the batch. A couple of jalapeno's, serrano peppers, and whatever else looks good. Few onions too. Both the sauce and chili have to be made in my 16 qt stainless pot. Everything else is too F'ing small. :D Eventually, I'm sure I'll be making batches too big for that too.

How cold can it be out in CA?? Seriously... :D

I don't have that much chili left from the previous batch. It is on my list of things to make though. I made turkey soup on Saturday from the xmas bird carcass. Next up is another batch of pasta sauce. Need to get that made this week too. IF I have the room in my freezer, I'll make a batch of chili too. Just need to be sure I can get the 4-5 kinds of hot peppers I use. :D At least 4-5 habanero's are used in the batch. A couple of jalapeno's, serrano peppers, and whatever else looks good. Few onions too. Both the sauce and chili have to be made in my 16 qt stainless pot. Everything else is too F'ing small. :D Eventually, I'm sure I'll be making batches too big for that too.

I'm going to send you some peppers as soon as they start making again. Fungus got to them last season and I was unable to correct it, due to rain washing away my corrections. Had some great habaneros, jalapenos, bells, I could go on and on. **** fungus and their ruining effects.

Let me know when you have some to send up... Not sure if I'll still be in NH, or if I'll be in Maine by then. :rockin: Send them up and I'll send down some of what I use them in. :D

Back