Killed the Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleAught

Reaction score
it was the first time I had kegged....and what a disappointing sound when the beer stopped and all I got was CO2 :(

Looks like I get to fill it with something new now :D

it was the first time I had kegged....and what a disappointing sound when the beer stopped and all I got was CO2 :(

Looks like I get to fill it with something new now :D

Ohh brother do I know the feeling (this is blacklabel from the beer forum btw)....

I hate when you get that foamy slop in your glass at the end of a keg....Time to BREW!!!

I tried to pour a pint of Gose today, about an ounce into the pour it started spitting foam... That sucks... It was the second keg from that batch too.

Good thing there's 10 gallons of roggenbier that just finished crash cooling in the fermenter and is ready to be kegged. Oh, and that I've four other beers still on tap :D

Believe it or not, it could've been worse. How you ask? I had a Stone IPA clone on tap that came out pretty freakin' marvelous. Man did I love drinking that beer. :rockin: Well, I like to allow my buddies to tap a home brew every now and then and one of them asked and I (regrettably) said yes. He commenced to fill his glass and I was somewhere within ear shot when I heard the dreaded sound of CO2 escaping from a perlick faucet. :(

To his credit, he felt bad and offered me the beer. That's a good dude! I, also trying to be a good dude, told him not to sweat it and keep the beer. But, I think my voice cracked! THAT is worse than killing the keg yourself. :D

Fortunately I had planned ahead for this type of disaster. I walked over to my kegerator, opened it up, and tapped a fresh keg of a pale ale I had waiting in there! :rockin:

Cheers :mug:

I feel your pain. When my last keg kicked at least I had a second waiting right next to it...or so I thought. That too kicked at exactly the same time. Ouch squared!

I feel your pain. When my last keg kicked at least I had a second waiting right next to it...or so I thought. That too kicked at exactly the same time. Ouch squared!

So I go out to the beer fridge this afternoon where I keep my kegs to get a nice pull from my 2nd keg that's housing a Hefe. I get about half a glass and PFFFF....same thing. So now I get to fill two kegs :eek:

So I go out to the beer fridge this afternoon where I keep my kegs to get a nice pull from my 2nd keg that's housing a Hefe. I get about half a glass and PFFFF....same thing. So now I get to fill two kegs :eek:

You know, there's a bright side to this. Every time you empty a keg, it's yet another excuse to brew! :rockin:

Not that we need one.

You know, there's a bright side to this. Every time you empty a keg, it's yet another excuse to brew! :rockin:

Not that we need one.

Absolutely! I have that IIPA that'll be ready in a couple weeks, and a Kolsh that should be done in another week. That means my ferm chamber is gonna be empty and we just can't have that!

Back