National Homebrew Convention question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksailj

Reaction score
I saw that the National Homebrew Convention and Comp will be held in Philly (where I'm from) on 2013 and would love to go. For those who have gone in the past about how much was the tickets to go to all the events and what should I expect? I just got off the AHA website and couldnt find much info for next year, it was all post 2012 info. Thanks a lot.

Usually you have to purchase a single ticket for the main events which includes 2-3 days of talks, a club night (homebrew clubs showcasing beers) and a pro brewers night. You may pay additional for the banquet (food and beer pairings prepared by professionals; in San Diego it was Sean Paxton) and brewery tours in the area.

Hope this helps.

There tend to be two types of tickets- the "all" and the "social package". The "all" is for the talks, seminars, dinner on Saturday night, etc. The "social package" is for the Thursday night ProBrewers Night and Friday's Club night as well as the hospitality suite. I don't remember the exact cost- maybe $275 for the "all" and $200 for the "social package".

Perfect! Thanks folks, that about what I was figuring. I am not a member yet but plan on being one within the next month or so. I'll be getting the "all" pass when its time and start thinking of what I'll be brewing for the comp. I can't wait!

Oh ya I almost forgot, what month are the beers for the comp usually sent in by? I think I remember it being March or April.

Ok that's what I thought. Trying to figure out what beer I would like to enter and plan a brew schedule as well as an equipment buying schedule. Still need a frige and a few small odds and ends. You guys rock!

Back