How to send bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobWalker

Reaction score
This is gonna be a frequently asked question, but what's the best way to send a bottle of wine to someone without the risk of spilling? I'm in the UK so it won't be going far, but better safe than sorry! cheers :)

This is gonna be a frequently asked question, but what's the best way to send a bottle of wine to someone without the risk of spilling? I'm in the UK so it won't be going far, but better safe than sorry! cheers :)

Wrap the bottle head-to-toe in some bubble wrap. I use the UPS padded envelopes and slit them down the sides. They are essentially bubble wrap. Secure the bubble wrap with tape.

Find a box that has ample room and pad the bottom and sides with crumpled newspaper. Place the bottle in and add more paper. The idea is the bottle needs to be far enough from the walls of the box and be secure so it doesn move.

when you are sending the bottles does it matter how long th beer has been in the bottle? i.e. if i bottle a beer is it ok to send right away or should I wait a few weeks until it is carbed?

Back