Strangest Looking Animals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurel

Reaction score
The skate
pauls_skate.jpg

Or the Lump Fish
lumpfish1.jpg

108260.jpg

Giant Japanese Spider Crab

A bunch of weird fish in this one:

A bunch more:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen one of these in person, but they creep me out!

Potato Bug
potato_bug.jpg

That looks like a Jerusalem Cricket to me more than a Potato Beetle (bug):
potato beetle.jpg

EDIT: Google kows all... Apparently they call Jerusalem Crickets "potato bugs" in schools... I guess to be politicaly correct :rolleyes: Why can they not just teach them as Stenopelmatus sp. in schools and avoid all the confusion... damn common names :D

The skate
pauls_skate.jpg

Ate one of those this past summer, freakin' delicious. They used to be super cheap eats, but went out of favor as a 'cheap' (read: not good) fish since they are basically 'mistake' catches. Has the consistency of lobster but much easier to eat, delicious with brown butter, lemon, white wine, and capers. I'm getting hungry...

It's strange how weird looking animals are MILDLY adapted to look freaky for movies.

It's a pic of the turtle ohiobrewtus posted on page 1, it's a bizarre turtle called a matamata. I took a pic of it at the Newport Aquarium. It kind of looked like a creepy happy old man.

I think he was captioning the picture. That does seem to be exactly what it's saying when the picture was taken. heheh

Back