Greetings from CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwenker1

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I just got back into brewing after 2 years off and I am really happy I found this site. When I was brewing before I really could have used this site. I have picked up more information from everyone here in the past month than I had the previous 2 years. I purchased a 5 gal keg system about one month ago and I am in love. I am not knocking bottles but I find I have much more time to brew and consume the fruits of my labor with the keg. I have an IPA carbing now that I think I am going to be really happy with, I dry hopped with amarillo and wow what a nice citrusy flavor. Anyway just wanted to say Hi, look forward to chatting with all of you.

James

Greetings from New London, welcome to HBT. I have an IPA bottled right now that I also dry hopped with Amarillo. The cast off from my last gravity tasted a lot like Harpoon IPA. PM me if you want to swap or even have a brew day. There's no clubs near me so it would be good to interact with other brewers.

-AJ

Mike,

I have been using maltose express for the past few months. I used to use northern brewer and other mail suppliers but I think it is worth the ride to Monroe. I got my keg system from them too and am very happy w/ the system and the price. Let me know how the oatmeal/coffee stout turns out, I've been toying with a recipe like that for a while. good to meet you, keep in touch.

Mike,

I have been using maltose express for the past few months. I used to use northern brewer and other mail suppliers but I think it is worth the ride to Monroe. I got my keg system from them too and am very happy w/ the system and the price. Let me know how the oatmeal/coffee stout turns out, I've been toying with a recipe like that for a while. good to meet you, keep in touch.
If you don't mind, what did you fork over for the keg system? I use Maltose too was looking into this a bit.

Welcome.:mug:

If you don't mind, what did you fork over for the keg system? I use Maltose too was looking into this a bit.

Welcome.:mug:

This could be off a little bit but I think everything was around $175. That is the complete system with a used 5 gal keg, 2 dial regulator, and a full c02 tank, all I needed to do was find a fridge. I thought about getting the system for a while, then one day I just did it and I love it. I think their website has the price of the full kit.

This could be off a little bit but I think everything was around $175. That is the complete system with a used 5 gal keg, 2 dial regulator, and a full c02 tank, all I needed to do was find a fridge. I thought about getting the system for a while, then one day I just did it and I love it. I think their website has the price of the full kit.
Thanks. I've stopped visting their website because it is never updated. Store rocks, website blows.

Agreed. Their website is not impressive. They've had a hop tasting on their website since i started brewing... don't really know when it is. They also haven't changed their address on the website. Good thing I know where it is.

I actually just stopped in there for some grain bags, and the place already looks great! The place is filling in nicely, and they're always very nice in there. I didn't realize that if you bring in grains you can use their in-house mill. That is definitely nice to know!

Back