King's Brewing Collective (Halifax)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Reaction score
Here's officially announcing on homebrewtalk the founding of the King's Brewing Collective. We're a homebrewing club for the students and community of King's College, Halifax. We're also a ratified King's Student Union society, so I can know that at least some of my union fees are going to a cause I support.

King's College has a proud homebrewing tradition, and there are quite a few active homebrewers among the students. The school is even offering a History of Science elective this semester on the history, science, and culture of beer, with an experiment portion.

The collective exists primarily for the King's community, but it's open to anyone. Our objectives are to brew delicious beer, help others brew delicious beer, and share and appreciate said delicious beer. We'll be having our first general meeting this next Saturday, Jan 26, where we'll be electing our executive, deciding what directions we want to go in this year, and hopefully cracking a couple homebrews. PM me for details.

Some of the things I'm thinking we might do this year: shared equipment, brewing mentorships, brewing/DIY equipment tutorials, group brews, group buys, homegrowing hops, experimental brewing, guest speakers, brewery tours, and of course, beer drinking and appreciation.

I will, of course, be recommending this forum as a great resource, so keep your eyes open for new Halifax and King's College forum members.

Stay tuned. We're going to have a lot of fun.

Cheers,
Kai
Interim President, King's Brewing Collective
kingsbrewingcollective at gmail dot com

Back