Wort chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pdazbrew

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a wort chiller from morebeer.com. Looking at the ones that cost around $60. Anybody have one of these or have a better place to get one?

Home Depot: You buy the copper tubing yourself at a fraction of the price and twist it into the proper shape, add a few fittings and some tubing and you've got a wort chiller.

There's a number of threads on this site that have the specific details on how to make your own.

Andrew5329 said:
Home Depot: You buy the copper tubing yourself at a fraction of the price and twist it into the proper shape, add a few fittings and some tubing and you've got a wort chiller.

There's a number of threads on this site that have the specific details on how to make your own.

It's piece of cake to make your own wort chiller. I made one and I don't even know which end of a hammer to use to tighten a screw.

Andrew5329 said:

I am a total DIY'er but right now the price of copper alone is so much more than just buying one, the depot around me wanted $75 just for the copper, you can find them on eBay for $50 shipped to your door.

I love my chiller, when I was doing extract I could chill a 3ish gallon batch in less than 15 and now it cools my 5+ gallon AG batch in around 25.

Back