She LOVES the brew smell

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerHere

Reaction score
I just did my second brew which was an extract and crystal English Pale Ale. Boy did it stink up the house. My wife loved it. She kept saying how good it smelled. She even commented on the change in smell over each step and tried to compare it to things she knows. She even called her friend and told her how great it was! :mug:

So I'm a complete newbie (haven't brewed before) and I'm curious what the smell is like and how strong it is? I read (specifically lagers) can have a rotten egg stench as methane is released. The reason I ask is I'm attending a Canadian university this fall and plan on brewing in my dorm room. Before you question this choice, the name of my dorm is Molson Hall; beer pretty much flows from the faucets. Anyways, if I have my door closed will the smell penetrate to the hallway?

No more than the smell of your rotten underwear in the hallway! *grin* Naw, it really isn't that bad with lager and ale yeast.

I'm jealous....my wife fussed at me all day about the smell when I brewed up my last batch. She said that I made the house smell like Schlitz brewery! :D

Ha ha, swmbo thinks the smell is terrible and also thinks my dry hopped IPA looks like mold. I say it smells and looks wonderful...but then again she doesn't drink beer either..

My SWMBO thinks I'm baking or something....then realizes it's:

:ban: PEANUT BUTTER BREWING TIME, PEANUT BUTTER BREWING TIME! :ban:

Wife doesn't drink beer. But she has been a trooper,
9months pregnant and still lets me brew. The upstairs
smells wonderful with all of those hot fumes heading up.
:mug:

The kids now complain, but they'll be asking me how to
brew in a decade or so. Muuuuuuuuuuu HAAAAA HAAA!!!

excellent.....I remember being young and Dad brewing......look where that got me

Back