Is it possible to have a hefe batch brewed and ready in 10 days?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrookedTail

Reaction score
I'm having a party in 10 days, and I found out my last keg of hefe is just about kicked. If I can get a quick extract batch brewed today or tomorrow, would it be possible to have the batch ready in 10 days?

I would force carbonate the beer.

Sure. Just make a yeast starter so that fermentation starts and finishes as quickly as possible. That will save you a day or more.

I brewed EdWorts Bavarian Hefe and had it ready for a party in 10 days, it was also gone that same day, everyone loved it! As stated above, make a starter, and watch the fermentation temps. Good luck on a successful brew!

I brewed an extract batch of hefe recently. Get some fresh Wy3068. That sucker was DONE in 3 days.

They were EXCITING days, too.

:rockin:

If I can get a quick extract batch brewed today or tomorrow, would it be possible to have the batch ready in 10 days?

Sure. Keeping fermentation temps a little higher will speed things up at the 'cost' of some ester formation, and either pitching over old yeast or doing a larger starter will speed things up as well.

Does a hefe benifit from 3 weeks of aging in the bottle or not? I just brewed a Dunkle-Weisen last night and am curious. I also bottled hefe's last Saturday (the 4th).....

Does a hefe benifit from 3 weeks of aging in the bottle or not? I just brewed a Dunkle-Weisen last night and am curious. I also bottled hefe's last Saturday (the 4th).....

Dunkelweiss does need more time. Being more malty, the flavors need the time to smooth out and combine. I would give it at least a month in the bottle.

A regular Hefe is ready as soon as it's carbed.

Back