College Courses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelMNC

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any e-college courses on beermaking - I know there's lots of info on line, thanks, but I mean legitimate course offered by colleges, for credit, which happen to 'e' their content through iTunesU, podcast, stream, etc.

Thanks...
...Mike

Taking a tour through a brewery is similar enough to a course. I good tour can last an hour or so. The time it takes to find a course, you could be through several books by now. Thats how i learned.

Additionally, this forum is like a college course but instead of one professor, you have thousands helping you out.

Have toured a few, and gleaning the web, and reading books, online and off, etc, etc.

That said, I'm still looking to see if any colleges offer academic survey courses in brewing - you know, some of the story, a good bit of the chemistry biology and physics, etc

Thanks...

I'm not sure how much thermal dynamics will help here. Granted it has a lot of use, but I'm not sure I see it in making beer. Chem and Microbio I get.

Well he said he wanted chem, bio, and physics... My degrees in physics, so I tend to over analyze my ferm temp (like temperature stratification through the carboy), also for regulating mash temps, not to mention the statistical analysis used in microbio is covered in thermal dynamics.

Or just skip the middle man and take some math courses :) everything filters down from math.

I guess EE might prove more useful than physics for building some cool s***...

Latest posts

Back