Found a good supplier of ball lock corney kegs.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If you are looking for used corney kegs at a fair price then you might want to check out keggle brewing. I have ordered from them 3 times and have found their prices and quality of kegs to be very competitive. This last week I received 4 ball lock corney kegs for $30 each plus shipping. This came out to $38 per keg including shipping and the quality of the kegs I got were great. Just thought I would mention this as a possible alternative to other sources.

http://www.kegglebrewing.com/Reconditioned-Ball-Lock-Kegs_c_18.html

Their website has had this posted on/off at times and I have always had my order processed and received the kegs with 10 days. The first time I ordered from them this was posted so I called to ask when they would have kegs restocked and it was just a matter of a few days.

Do you have any pictures of the kegs you can post? Also how was the rubber tops and bottoms on the kegs you received? Were any racetrack style?

Eh . . . I learned my lesson about cheaping out on supplies and buying substandard stuff the hard way. I'm really skeptical of anyone who undercuts the market by that much. If a large company does it, they can absorb the minimal profit margin, but for a small internet company with probably no margin to speak of, they gotta be taking shortcuts somewhere to get that price.

I don't mind paying a premium for quality that'll last forever; it worries me when I see something priced so low that there's gotta be a catch. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is

Eh . . . I learned my lesson about cheaping out on supplies and buying substandard stuff the hard way. I'm really skeptical of anyone who undercuts the market by that much. If a large company does it, they can absorb the minimal profit margin, but for a small internet company with probably no margin to speak of, they gotta be taking shortcuts somewhere to get that price.

I don't mind paying a premium for quality that'll last forever; it worries me when I see something priced so low that there's gotta be a catch. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is

While this is good advice to follow in general keep in mind that you have not seen the kegs to actually evaluate the quality of the kegs I am talking about. I found keggle brewing on the strong recommendation of another member of this forum and if I did not think these would be a good value for others to consider then I would not have mentioned any of this in the first place.

Do you have any pictures of the kegs you can post? Also how was the rubber tops and bottoms on the kegs you received? Were any racetrack style?

The rubber tops and bottoms are very securely fastened. On 2 of the kegs they added sealant/adhesive to help secure what once might have been a loose handle. The thinkness of the rubber in in the tops/bottoms is very solid. I have bought 12 kegs from this company over 3 different orders and find that they are just as good as the more expensive ones I purchased from other online dealers at about 60% of the cost from other companies like MidWest Brewing and Keg Connection. KC often has a Black Friday special selling C grade kegs for $25-30 each and these are in much better shape than some of the B/C grade kegs I have purchased from KC.

I started this thread because there are many people interested in giving kegging a try but find the start up cost to be high due to a perceived "shortage of used kegs". This is merely an alternative to other suppliers and since they are a smaller company they don't have as much advertising budget as some other larger suppliers. I have never found any rust or deep scratches on kegs from this supplier. All of the kegs come with new o-rings installed and are clean. I have washed them a few times to help remove any soda smell in them. The kegs arrived pressurized and after cleaning maintain pressure at 30 psi for well over 2 weeks for me to test them.

I think I have had great service and received quality kegs from this company because they are still growing and they really want to build a strong customer base.

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

I don't need any kegs right now, but I think they look like a good deal for when I do. Shipping is more to my location- making it a total of $41 each for two kegs- but still a good deal!

Thanks for the info on these guys!
I'm still not sure I want to start kegging but considering the sheer size of my current bottle storage I'm getting closer. These look like a great deal at ~$42 each shipped to my door.

The shipping charges per keg becomes less with each keg you order. If you would like a particular style of lid or pressure relief valve I recommend calling them to see if what you want is available. I did this and have been very happy with their service.

Back