NOT the same perlick leak!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfrisby

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
No, this is not another thread about leaking out the wrench holes.

I have a dual tower, both with perlicks. One day, one started leaking out just below where the handle attaches to the faucet. When its open, it doesn't leak (obviously there is someplace for the beer to flow). But when it is closed, it leaks out this part of the faucet.

I took both perlicks apart and inspected side by side. I can't find any differences between them. If anyone has any ideas, I would be appreciative.

Hopefully the pics help in understanding where the leak is coming from.

Thanks.

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

The lower #2 O-ring below the faucet lever (#5/6) pivot ball is either nicked, pinched, or is rolling out of position.
perlick_525ss_part.gif

You can try swapping the two #2 O-rings to see if that cures the problem - the upper O-ring is less critical than the lower, it's basically there to prevent metal-on-metal contact between the lever and the bonnet (#7).

And I recommend a light film of keg lube on those rings after you clean them. It helps prevent the O-rings from getting pinched during assembly...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back