What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty impressed how my first porter turned out- i forgot i had oaked it. Its black but you can see its clear with a more than normal red hue.This blew the tommyknocker cocoa porter away i had earlier but that may not be saying much.Im having one of those great homebrew moments from a great turnout. Used GW base malt.crystal 60,brown malt,crystal 120,black malt,chocolate malt, simpsons naked oats,smoked malt,carawheat. and flaked barley. Challlenger and kent goldings hops harvested wlp005 british yeast and a little real vanilla extract and light brown sugar to bottle.4 wks bottled. It seems every time i use simpsons golden naked oats- i get a great beer.

Dubble Entendre from Sound Brewing, Paulsbo, WA. A magnificent Belgian style brown.

image-1574546318.jpg

Sam Adams Alpine Spring- not to shabby! I always seem to pick up a slight saltiness with SA beers,just more noticable than average.Im starting to feel its their trademark- i havent had a ton of SA beers but a good handfull or two.

Kit beer, Samson's Bah Humbug Christmas Stout. Good mouthfeel and slips down real easy.

Great Lakes Distillery Pumpkin Spirit.

which, is distilled Lakefront Brewing Pumpkin Lager.

so...i'm drinking Lakefront Brewing Pumpkin Lager.

Just had a couple bottles of Breckenridge Amber. Tasty.

Haven't been brewing long enough to be drinking my own. One batch in bottles and conditioning/aging. Second batch actively fermenting.

image-3963438851.jpg

My first homebrew, I call it Pacific Palm IPA, completely flat haha. Just bottled em a couple days ago, but I wanted to try it. Leaves slightly bitter aftertaste. Smells good real close, not the strongest by any right now. But I'm drinking my own beer! Cheers!

View attachment 49175

My first homebrew, I call it Pacific Palm IPA, completely flat haha. Just bottled em a couple days ago, but I wanted to try it. Leaves slightly bitter aftertaste. Smells good real close, not the strongest by any right now. But I'm drinking my own beer! Cheers!

I'm assuming you are getting some of the priming sugar flavors that won't be there either when it's finished carbing.

It will likely be better. :mug:

Haputanlas said:
I'm assuming you are getting some of the priming sugar flavors that won't be there either when it's finished carbing.

It will likely be better. :mug:

I'm looking forward to it!

Nothing...done drinking for the night. But I did drink a hop henge from dechutets, hop rod rye, evil Ginger, and my Trippel that is fantastic!

Bridgeport black pale ale strong bite smooth finish. Just put a belgian strong ale and scottish wee heavy in primary last week :)

A whiskey sour....only because all the homebrew is in various stages of ferment or conditioning...and the few I've bought deserve some aging like a fine wine (namely several bottles of Full Sail 'Topsail' Imperial Porter, a tasty bourbon-barreled aged number) just released a few weeks ago. Mmmmm....

Founder's Imperial Stout. My first homebrew is one day into fermenting so I have to wait awhile. Sigh. Founder's is okay. A bit too boozy.

Back