What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yum, not one of the best IPA's I've had but OK!!

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

image-43045338.jpg

Bottled "Old Speckled Hen"... God I love this stuff... all though I will admit I prefer it in the nitrogen charged cans.

624bdcee.jpg

My vanilla porter. This is my first AG batch and it turned out well 'cept it needs a bit more vanilla. Other notables about this brew are that I had walked back into the garage to the kitchen for the hops addition and on the way back to the BK I didn't remember I hadn't opened the roll up door all the way so WACK my head went against the aluminum door and of course the container of hops spilled out onto the asphalt driveway. So is this a Headbanger Porter or an Asphalt Porter? Either way a mighty tasty brew.

Vertical! Woot!

2000 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot
2001 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot
2002 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot
2003 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot
(2004 missing in action...)
2005 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot
2006 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot

1987 JW Lee's Harvest Ale
1997 JW Lee's Harvest Ale

1997 Thomas Hardy's Ale
2005 Thomas Hardy's Ale

Various homebrew throughout the day, now sipping a Fredericksburg Brewing The Giant RIS. Even though I brought the growler home and bottled it immediately it is still flat...still tasty!!! Coffee, chocolate, dark fruit (plums, raisins, prunes?) solid bitterness. Thick and slightly cloying. Extremely dark and slightly burnt tasting. Stopped up, so no idea how it smells!!!

Water after and 4 beers and 3 bloody marys. Work tomorrow, so need to take it easy.

Spring Break rocks...teaching crazy ass children does not. Therefore we are officially even...though I'm still drinkin cause...

I'M ON SPRING BREAK BIATCH :rockin:

Sorry, had to get that out

BTW, drinking my Drooling Scottish Moose a little too early, but who in hell cares!!! I got great head and laced the whole glass :D

Spring Break rocks...teaching crazy ass children does not. Therefore we are officially even...though I'm still drinkin cause...

I'M ON SPRING BREAK BIATCH :rockin:

Sorry, had to get that out

BTW, drinking my Drooling Scottish Moose a little too early, but who in hell cares!!! I got great head and laced the whole glass :D

Badass my friend!! I am just enjoying a typical work night. Only difference is watching Jackass 3D. Enjoy your spring break as I haven't had one since 2001 and even then, playing Varsity sports didn't allow me to leave, so I've "never" had an official get away spring break.

Badass my friend!! I am just enjoying a typical work night. Only difference is watching Jackass 3D. Enjoy your spring break as I haven't had one since 2001 and even then, playing Varsity sports didn't allow me to leave, so I've "never" had an official get away spring break.

I teach in a Residential Treatment Center (RTC)...one step above juvy, one step below the psych hospital. When I say I teach crazy ass kids, I mean it!!! No school (or normal person for that matter) would put up with the crap we put up with. But I love the job, love the kids (some of 'em), and it is the greatest birth control ever :ban:

I, and every other teacher, deserve the break and am brewing most of the week to celebrate.

Thanks for the props :mug:

Schofferhofer hefeweizen with blood orange wedge. Had an extra blood orange from the orange coriander weiss I brewed Saturday :)

Back