Dogfish Head makes way into Canada (Alberta)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cider

Reaction score
Today I went to a liquor store in Edmonton that has the largest selection of beers in the province after looking up where I could buy Lindemans Framboise, I drive past the liquor store everyday and didn't even notice it.

I asked if they had any Dogfish Head brews in stock and for a matter of fact they said that there received their first ever shipment Sunday( and maybe that it is the first time it's available in Canada ? or at least Alberta). So I bought a Midas touch and a 90 Minute IPA since they were the only ones to be brought up for sale. The person at the liquor said that four stores in the province has elected to sell Dogfish Head so I'm sure that it will be found in Edmonton and probably Calgary. He also said that more of a selection will be available in the future but this is pretty cool to see.

As I type this I'm trying the 90 minute IPA and have to say that it is pretty extreme. I am a fan of theirs because of the book "Extreme Brewing" by Sam Calagione. I'm not sure if this will get any replies but for anyone that has looked for Dogfish Head it will be around at select liquor stores.

Sherbrooke Liquor, right? (Just a guess)

Anyways, thanks for the tip. I just scored some Dogfish 90 at my local Coop Liquor store. Nice to see it in Alberta (although it sure wasn't cheap).

If you like the 60 and 90 Minute brews try and find the 120 Minute, it's around 20% ABV and extremely hoppy. Their Raison D'Etre is very good as well, sweet but not fruity. Dogfish Head is one of my favorite breweries, right up there with Brooklyn.

its been here for a while (london ontario) the 60 min.
also, as of late we have been getting rogue brews.

dead guy, def my favorite!!

by far i like the 60 minute most out of all three 60, 90, 120, if you looking for a more hoppy taste go with 60 but more alcohol and malty the other two are great. 120 is expensive at 10 bucks a bottle (12 oz) come to Rochester or Syracuse you will find those everywhere.

I got some DFH pumpkin ale in BC about a week ago but had not seen it before that or since. Sierra Nevada is only at 2 stores in BC and only the Pale Ale.

Back