rubber top/bottom on kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerrific

Reaction score
I am done with bottling (well, after the IPA I bottle tonight). Can't stand this crap anymore.

I am looking at the kegs on http://www.KegConnection.com, best prices I could find. Does anyone know anything specific about their "B" grade kegs? Says they are the same as the ones elsewhere except the rubber on the top/bottom is loose. At a savings of $3.50 each ($14 on the 4), is this worth it? I own no kegs so it is hard for me to imagine. Any input would be helpful.

It is just there to protect the keg and to protect whatever you may drop it or slide it across. Personally, Id pay the extra few bucks... but who am I?

Check these guys out for kegs;

http://brewersdiscount.com/index2.ivnu

Also I would spend the extra couple of bucks so you aren't haveing ot replace any kegs in the future.

Cheers

Edit: Crap I'm sorry they used to have a deal for 32 buck for 2 kegs, but I don't see it any more :(

wop31 said:
Edit: Crap I'm sorry they used to have a deal for 32 buck for 2 kegs, but I don't see it any more :(

Yeah, I know. I was planning on buying there...oh well.

I like keg connection and have been happy with my kegs. But, I'm not sure it is worth it for B grade. Stick to the good ones.

Thanks for the help guys. I agree with you all. There is no reason to try to save $3.50 on something that is going to last for a long while. Plus, I realized that lifting those in/out of chest freezer with damaged handles would be dangerous (not for, but for the beer).

:mug:

I just had the top rubber come off one of my kegs. I am going to try to Gorilla Glue it back on this weekend. That stuff will stick anything together. I will let you know how it turns out.

Back