What can I brew with....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottTeece

Reaction score
I have a free pack of Wyeast 1056 American Ale. I'd like to create a batch using Northern Brewers Munich Malt. Any suggestions on the grains I could use to combine with these to make a tasty fall brew?

Lots of options. You could do a octoberfest ale given that its fall and you could really highlight munich with that... a munich driven brown ale or a robust porter with munich. Or a malty IPA with a nice dose of munich given that you have the classic IPA yeast.

Do you like malty or hoppy ales?

Lots of options. You could do a octoberfest ale given that its fall and you could really highlight munich with that... a munich driven brown ale or a robust porter with munich. Or a malty IPA with a nice dose of munich given that you have the classic IPA yeast.

Do you like malty or hoppy ales?

Thanks for the reply. I did 5 different hoppy beers this summer so I am definitely in the moody for a malty beer for the fall. A robust porter (as your put it) based on the munich malt is VERY appealing for me. I like to go "off the rails" in that I like to look at certain recipes of what I like and then add a few personal touches (slightly different hops, something like that). So I am looking for a recipe that might be the base of a fun brew.

Back