Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my dog Ludo and SWMBO. He thinks he is a 50 pound lap dog.
l_f9e880c3f63127eaa94cbf2ca6302e57.jpg

Here is a picture of Buster. The picture is when he was about a year old, he is two and a half now.

7985-BusterCEO.jpg

Cheers

HighPlainsDrifter said:
Veda is a who knows what rescue mutt. And Zero is a boxer. Well behaved, sweet, smart dogs.

Veda looks like an American Eskimo. Are you sure she is a mutt?

We've had two. Both great dogs, but very protective and when it comes time to shed, you realize what a "good" vacuum is!

capcrnch said:
Veda looks like an American Eskimo. Are you sure she is a mutt?

We've had two. Both great dogs, but very protective and when it comes time to shed, you realize what a "good" vacuum is!

She's got less fur (thank god) larger ears, the red nose, and a few large tan spots on her back. So I don't think so.

She may have a little American Eskimo in her though.:D

I'm currently dogless, but I used to breed Chinese Shar-Pei's:

from l to r is mom, pup that we kept, and dad.

dogsfamily.jpg

Two of the little wrinklebags as pups:
kyleandstan.jpg

HighPlainsDrifter said:
She's got less fur (thank god) larger ears, the red nose, and a few large tan spots on her back. So I don't think so.

She may have a little American Eskimo in her though.:D

She almost looks like a toy. Which would explain the ears, nose and lesser hair.
The tan spots I don't know about.

We got another pug today! His name is Buddy, and he is a three year old purebred pug. We got him for free from a family who lives in Kake that is moving to Anchorage and couldn't take him with them. Their loss is our gain, I suppose. He is such a sweet and mellow dog, and after only a few hours with him, he already seems like part of our family

buddyandbeasley035nx6.jpg

buddyandbeasley033bm3.jpg

buddyandbeasley042rg2.jpg

buddyandbeasley036fe3.jpg

We attempted a family portrait this summer. It was too damn sunny and in every pic either the wife or me (or both!) are squinting. Oh well - it's the dogs you want to look at:

familyportrait.jpg

From left to right:
Kaia (age 12.5) - competed in the USA Schutzhund National championships in 2000.
Jaguar (age 7) - our current breeding ***** and the only one we didn't raise ourselves.
Leiko (age 7.5) - competed in the North American championships in 2004.
Ada (age 3) - just got her Schutzhund III title (the highest level) a month ago. She's a solid black Shepherd - you don't see those too often. We expect great things from her next summer.
Cato (age 1.5) - He's the son of Jaguar but has the sable color pattern. He's doing well in his training and will start competing next year.

Training Schutzhund is my wife's hobby. It was started as a temperament test by the guy who founded the German Shepherd breed. It's now more of a sport. The dogs have to compete in three phases: Tracking, Obedience, and Protection. They get a score out of 100 for each phase which adds up for an overall out of 300. It takes a lot training to do well! Our dogs know over 40 commands in German and English. Check Youtube for Schutzhund videos to see what it's about...

Here's Casey, 12.5 years old, Shetland Sheepdog.

She's the grumpy mother hen of the group and has decided it's her job to bark at everything -- the phone, microwave, any form of beeping timer, coffee grinder, blender, when people sneeze, when cars drive by, when you pull down the stairs to go into the attic, when she thinks she's going into the car ... I'm sure there are more I can't think of at the moment, but you get the idea.

caseyuf3.jpg

Here's our other Sheltie Diego, he'll be 2 on Friday. He's the instigator of the group.

And finally, here's Kiwi, approximately 1.5 year old Border Collie-Aussie mix that we adopted from a rescue. Possibly the sweetest dog I've ever met, and thinks he's a lap dog.

DesertBrew said:
Ok, Fightguy. I usually don't like dressed up dogs but that is hilarious
For the record, these are all my wife's doing. She loves dressing him up for some reason. Personally, I think it is adorable for pictures but I would never let him be seen in public wearing any sort of clothing.

beasepuppygraduation002pd6.jpg

fall2007001gk8.jpg

sbirthday004bv6.jpg

beasleythepumpkin018dt3.jpg

yup, im resurrecting a dead thread.

here's my lab/basset mix Buddy!
second pic: buddy and my friend brad

buddy.jpg

buddy brad brew.jpg

Back