Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished labeling my Christmas gifts! I'm pretty excited about the beer... It turned out great! Any feedback on the label would be much appreciated as I will be brewing this beer again and am open to tweaking the label.

I hand drew the design, imported to illustrator where I added color and some text.

RAISIN-color.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

I made a wildflower mead this summer and had one of my friends do a digital image for it. Here it is.

paintinglabel1.jpg

Just finished labeling my Christmas gifts! I'm pretty excited about the beer... It turned out great! Any feedback on the label would be much appreciated as I will be brewing this beer again and am open to tweaking the label.

I hand drew the design, imported to illustrator where I added color and some text.

Wow that is awesome...LOVE the hand-drawn aspect of it, really a great label, unique and different but very classy and well done

What program are y'all using to design the labels? Anyone have a template they would be willing to share?

Photoshop for the win!

You can even get away with elements (far cheaper than CS) but I highly recommend that you design from scratch. It takes two seconds to create an image any size you, then just keep each part as a layer and you will always have an easy editable template you can tweak for each brew or change if later you don't like something.

Calichusetts said:
Photoshop for the win!

You can even get away with elements (far cheaper than CS) but I highly recommend that you design from scratch. It takes two seconds to create an image any size you, then just keep each part as a layer and you will always have an easy editable template you can tweak for each brew or change if later you don't like something.

Oh perfect I just bought photoshop for SWMBO for Christmas. What is the standard dimensions for the label to fit nicely on the bottle?

It really all depends on what you want your label to look like on the bottle...some like a square, some like the rectangle or circle, others want a curved top. Some like only one label, others like the label then the commercial standard strip on the back.

For me, its 4 x 3 (thats about a 1/2 to 3/4 wrap, but I use 16oz)...I would just cut out a few measured pieces of paper and put them against your bottle until you get the size you like...when you start a photoshop file, resize to the exact inches you want and your all set, no way to mess up...

Save a template with ALL layers you need, then just resave for each logo, I actual save the logos with all layers and just flatten to print. I am only using 5 layers at the moment:

1. Background
2. Picture
3. Text
4. Logo
5. Bordering (haven't even finish this layer yet)

If you layer it like that (1 is bottom layer) there really isn't a need for masking, simplifies the process for you

This is in no way going to be sold so trademarks aren't being considered :D
but I thought this was a pretty cool label. I just don't know what I want to put on the top part. Im not sure if I'm happy with it now.

What do you guys think?

CoddFishHeadGreen.jpg

CiderwithaBITE.jpg

Mjcodd said:
This is in no way going to be sold so trademarks aren't being considered :D
but I thought this was a pretty cool label. I just don't know what I want to put on the top part. Im not sure if I'm happy with it now.

What do you guys think?

The photoshop work is well executed! I like the second label as it helps tie in the meaning behind the dog's teeth.

heckels said:
The photoshop work is well executed! I like the second label as it helps tie in the meaning behind the dog's teeth.

Lol, never mind. I just found that image online. Still like the second one with it though.

all you Photoshop label making fools out there: Anyone been posting their template so others can use it as a base, or do you just make each label one by one.

would be cool to have several base template available so you can just use your own text, font, photos etc etc.

-=Jason=-

Flomaster said:
all you Photoshop label making fools out there: Anyone been posting their template so others can use it as a base, or do you just make each label one by one.

would be cool to have several base template available so you can just use your own text, font, photos etc etc.

-=Jason=-

+1 would love some templates to work off of

Just started fellas. These are the labels for my first crack at it.
Going to hand label the 'batch' and 'bottle' numbers on each one.
Was going for an older look with these. Would love to hear what you think.

23 III.jpg

Great job! I love it. The neck label can be tough to size and wrap properly. Post photos.

-=Jason=-

+1 would love some templates to work off of

You guys can feel free to use this one.

Blank_Label.jpg

It was the base for this label.

Butterscotch Cocoa Stout

Butterscotch_Cocoa_Stout.jpg

My newest label, for a beer I haven't even brewed yet! (It will be my first All Grain and hope to brew it on Friday...)

Gotta say, I love the font I found for it, Faith Collapsing. It reminds me of the medieval equivalent of bleeding cowboys, but not quite as cliche and overused.

Took forever to get the crown to have that similar texture to the font.

john the fearless-2.jpg

twstandley said:
Borrowed some ideas off of other labels - feedback is welcome!

Awesome! I saw Winter Hill and immediately thought "oh man, I hope he means in Somerville!" I just recently moved out of the Davis Sq. area. I miss Slummerville something fierce.

Hey, happy new year! Was hoping to get some imput on my holiday label, thanks for any replies.

one.jpg

lyrics.png

"Dreadful" misspelled, "refrain" misspelled, "pajama's" shouldn't have an apostrophe. Sorry if I seem like a grammar nazi, but I hate for someone to take a bunch of time to label bottles only to have to stare at a misspelling they only catch after the fact.

I was thinking of trying a Monkberry Moon delight experiment sooner than later...what a great jam, listening too it as I write this!

Based on the mentioned only beer from fallout new vegas (obviously inspired by tactical nuclear penguin)

strategic_nuclear_moose_by_emptysamurai-d4a8y2m.jpg

This is a falout 2 beer label I whipped up using Frank Zappa as the long haired guy barely visible in the tiny ass original pic.

gamma_gulp_by_emptysamurai-d4b6ozo.jpg

Still no beer for the labels. but the labels are done.

Latest posts

Back