Kegs for $14

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rebuilt kegs are worth the money. By the time you finish cleaning them and replacing the O-rings, the extra $10 seems more than worth it (been-there-done-that).

Prosit!

tnlandsailor said:
Rebuilt kegs are worth the money. By the time you finish cleaning them and replacing the O-rings, the extra $10 seems more than worth it (been-there-done-that).

Prosit!
Where are you finding rebuilt kegs for $24? Seems everywhere I have seen them they're going for between $35 and $55.

Uh..

It took me all of 3 minutes to replace all 5 o-rings on my kegs. I have so many o-rings from mcmaster carr for next to no cash I can rebuild enough kegs to last a lifetime (atleast the small orings), i have 10 lid orings too.

Ahh... thanks. I missed the rebuilt ones when I looked the first time. One at a time isn't so great once you add shipping, but three or four for slightly more shipping would be a darn good deal for a new keg'er. They even replace the poppets and relief valve.

I'm holding out for a while before adding any more to my collection. I hear that Pepsi is phasing their cornies out for some bag-in-a-box thing. I'm betting they'll be going for a dime a dozen when all those left-overs flood the market.

DrewsBrews said:
Yikes! Why? You live on some island the shipping companies don't visit often?

Dunno' ?

They don't call it Rip of Britian for nothing!

Supply and demand plus our companies are not driven by customer service and value for money.

Back