Need a beer in Philly? Philly Tap Finder...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmonacel

Reaction score
Just stumbled in here and searched for references to my stomping grounds. I was very surprised to see only a few Philly threads! Man we got great beer bars here. Anyway, figured I'd toss this out there for folks in town for a pint. Enjoy!

http://phillytapfinder.com/

disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with this resource in any way - just think it's a great tool and glad we got it! :)

I have to ask....other than the obvious (microbreweriea such as monks, victory,nodding head, etc...) What do you consider the great beer bars? Im from delco, and while I agree that we have a great beer culture here, no one place stands out as an outstanding beer bar...by my standards (most places are the same old bmc mills or corner bars).

Check out Monk's in Philly, Teresa's in Wayne, Flying Pig in Malvern, TJ's Everyday in Paoli, or Craft Ale House in Limerick.... even Gullifty's in Rosemont.

Those are just the ones I've been to, but all are outstanding beer bars worthy of a stop WHENEVER you are in the area. I'm sure there are tons more, but these are just the ones I've been to and can verify as great places to drink a beer.

I have to ask....other than the obvious (microbreweriea such as monks, victory,nodding head, etc...) What do you consider the great beer bars? Im from delco, and while I agree that we have a great beer culture here, no one place stands out as an outstanding beer bar...by my standards (most places are the same old bmc mills or corner bars).

Monks (AFAIK) isn't a microbrewery. Other great places in the city - Standard Tap, Grey Lodge, Tria, Jose Pistolas, The Foodery (for bottles), Euology, Pub on Passyunk East (POPE), and the list goes on. This isn't even starting in on all the places in the immediate suburbs.

If you really want a beer and you see it on phillytapfinder, check the date it was updated and make sure you try to go ASAP.

I've been burned a few times by going to a bar with a beer listed and finding out it was kicked way earlier that day or the day before and they didn't update.

If you really want a beer and you see it on phillytapfinder, check the date it was updated and make sure you try to go ASAP.

I've been burned a few times by going to a bar with a beer listed and finding out it was kicked way earlier that day or the day before and they didn't update.

Check the bar's website too. A lot of times, that is more current than any of these...

I was at the Prohibition Taproom, and Kite and Key last weekend. I liked both of those places. I stopped in at the Belgian Cafe too, but the bartender was a dick. He took his dandy old time washing glasses before he even said hello to me(...I'm serious, I wasn't being impatient either), let alone ask me what I wanted to drink. Then after he finally did serve me, he overcharged me by $2 for a beer from the price on the menu. I'll never go back there.

Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but thought i should also point this out... The beer he overcharged me for was a Consecration from RRBC, and when I tasted it 2 weeks after buying it... It was so old it tasted like vinegar. I looked at the batch and it was batch number 3.

I'll never go back there....

Back