Michelob porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodfatherX

Reaction score
So I was at walgreens just picking up some stuff we forgot to get earlier today for the 4th. I decided I would go peak in the liquor store part of it. Anyways long story short I found Michelobs porter for $5.49. So I was like hell for $5.49 I'll try it. And I must say.....it is not all that bad. Good chocolate malt flavor and pretty smooth....as it says on the bottle. Not really bitter enough for my taste and a bit bland. And the color is way off it is probably only about 17L. But hey it is an A-B product, so it is really pretty decent for them. And it will probably get more michelob people to try other dark beers. Probably a good choice for a place that has a deal on domestics in bottle.

Which really annoys me that a lot of places only consider BMC domestic. If they mean BMC....why don't they just say that. But that is a drunken rant for another time. :)

I'm not too surprised. Michelob Amber Bock is decent as well. Thanks for the tip, I may try it if it is cheap enough.

I would try it, but it's not cheap enough to buy it. What is it? $11 for 12? I can buy a 12 pack Optimator for $15. If it was priced like BMC though, then I'd jump at it.

I would try it, but it's not cheap enough to buy it. What is it? $11 for 12? I can buy a 12 pack Optimator for $15. If it was priced like BMC though, then I'd jump at it.

Wow Humps

How much do BMC products cost where you live. I think they are about $5 on average for BMC around here.

Wow Humps

How much do BMC products cost where you live. I think they are about $5 on average for BMC around here.

The OP said he paid $5.49. I assume that was for a 6er. I have no idea what BMC costs in my area. I don't think I've ever bought a case, or even a 6er, of BMC in my entire life.

Wow. I can't believe I just said that. I'm going to have to think about it a little harder, but right now, honestly, I can't ever remember having bought BMC. Wow. Just Wow. Surely I must have at some point!!! I'll have to think about it some more...

BMC and MLK (Molson-Labatt-Keiths) are $10+ for a 6-pack. Craft beer starts at near $12 for a six pack. Two-fours of the cheapest swill out there are $35. Imports other than HeinekenGuinnessStella are only available as singles for $2.50+. CAD is at parity with USD. Don't you guys complain.

We got excited to see the big brewers trying to expand their offerings to appeal to a larger section of beer people, but i was very unimpressed with the porter. I found it to be.... not a porter. But like the amberbach it may interest more drinkers in the wider world of beer that is out there that they are unaware of.

Back