Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thrid batch. I was trying to clone brown ale from my favorite brewery. They are called "At Three Roses" (U tri ruzi) with black roses in their logo.
I am only not happy with printed colors, because light blue background was printed as white (and I wasted money on color print:D).

forum_batch_03.jpg

From my most-recent tasting party (which everyone bailed on because my friends suck something fierce...)

9j885J0.jpg

Great job!! Do you have a template for the top portion? I haven't figured out how to do this yet but would like to start.

The lady suggested we put labels on our beers. We always just sharpie names (sometimes stupid ones) on the caps, but after a few weeks she can't remember what beer is what. So here you go...with no delusions of professionalism or class and just a touch of dork. You fancies wish your labels looked this good! :p
Oh, and for anyone who cares, the dude in the middle is my old man; the one from who(m?) I inherited the name "Whit"

beer.JPG

Here's the label I did for my chocolate stout. Now I just have to put them on the bottles... (The label for the bottle is just the diamond)

BurntAsh.jpg

This is for a beer I brewed Dec 21, the day the Mayan Calendar said the world ended. If the world really did end, I'd never be able to drink it, so I said "eff your mayan calendar!" and the name kinda stuck!

Sweet Stout with added cold-pressed mexican espresso. My sister-in-law did the logo. Entered in a local brewing contest, here's hoping i win (entry into GABF is the prize!)

Mayan+Calendar+Label.jpg

Wow, I quite like the middle part. Not a huge fan of the font on the sides but still, it's nice!

Wow, I quite like the middle part. Not a huge fan of the font on the sides but still, it's nice!

Thanks! my sister-in-law made the graphic in the middle, and I did the layout around it. Thanks for saying i suck :mug:

I made the text information very basic, so as to make people only look at the awesome image she did. It was a conscious decision to make it plain and generic, i swear!

Thanks! my sister-in-law made the graphic in the middle, and I did the layout around it. Thanks for saying i suck :mug:

I made the text information very basic, so as to make people only look at the awesome image she did. It was a conscious decision to make it plain and generic, i swear!

Your SIL does great work!

Joes Quick Grape and my dragon fruit mead. I have been doing a simple format tag for my corked bottles. Honeycomb holographic effect paper. Shiny so it looks faded in anything but the most angled photos.

edit to add the final labels of the day. Getting late but I still think it looks ok even if just a couple of quick google image searches.

WP_20130505_006.jpg

WP_20130503_004.jpg

WP_20130505_008.jpg

WP_20130505_010.jpg

WP_20130505_011.jpg

More bottled tonight of an oaked traditional rewarewa mead. Playing with claudine hellmuth sticky back canvas and an ink pad to shade the edges. The canvas peels straight off. Has just the perfect amount of stickiness to stay put while not being a hassle. Can keep repositioning them as well when getting it aligned straight.

WP_20130506_001.jpg

WP_20130506_002.jpg

:ban: is the only proper emoticon here.

Here's a keg sticker I worked up. Using waterproof label paper, it's an easy, kinda cool looking way to get the numbers on the keg.
IMG_0481%20%28Large%29.jpg

dave73ok said:
Here's a keg sticker I worked up. Using waterproof label paper, it's an easy, kinda cool looking way to get the numbers on the keg.

That's a really great idea! I may look at doing something like that as a back label for a bottle! Awesome!

This one's from a couple batches ago. It was intended as a tongue-in-cheek send-up of the "Extreme IPA" genre. It turned out more like a barleywine so I didn't end up labeling it; I just called it "Unintentional Barleywine". The guy in the middle is a hapless co-worker who happens to be named "MacDonald" so it fit the joke. Unfortunately it wasn't up to snuff to be named after anyone. I just really got a kick out of the name so I'm posting it anyway :) Since it gets clobbered to 700 wide, you can't see the cool money-engraving effect on the face.

Text turns out unreadable so here it is:

HIGH-BRAU
Old MacDonald's EIEIO-PA
(Extra Imperial Extra India Octuple Pale Ale)

OLD MACDONALD HAD A FARM...

On his farm he had some hops. And he had some more hops. Here a hop! There a hop! Everywhere a hop, hop!

And then we took all the hops and used them in a beer.

No-one was spared.

The sheer quantity of hops in this beer makes its production a felony in seven states. True story!

(Note: I don't actually have a website yet... the cobbler's children have no shoes and all that)

high-brau-2.jpg

Porter I'm planning... I hope I like the beer as much as I like the label.

I like that a non-brewer would just think the letters on the right were random and meant as just filler... But a brewer immediately knows what's in your beer with a quick glance. Very creative.

I decided to add canvas labels to the rest of the bottles. Not just the tags. Will write any info on the backs of the hanging tags. Leave the labels simple.

P1050684.jpg

Back