What's your excuse?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stauffbier

Reaction score
Ever have one of those days when you say to yourself "I need a beer tonight!"?

Well, what was your excuse for needing a beer tonight?

Mine was busting my knuckles trying to replace the spark plugs on my '05 F150.. I managed to get 6 out of 8 done this evening. Tomorrow is another day..

I need a beer tonight!!! :mug:

I don't need any F'ing excuse... If I WANT a glass of homebrew, I simply pull some from one of the taps. If I want another, simply rinse and repeat...

Real brewers don't need an excuse to drink what they brew. :rockin:

I don't need any F'ing excuse... If I WANT a glass of homebrew, I simply pull some from one of the taps. If I want another, simply rinse and repeat...

Real brewers don't need an excuse to drink what they brew. :rockin:

Well.... ok... that's true. I pretty much have a brew or two everyday, but some days you just really feel like you need one!

Went into work at 7 where I bust my ass painting cars left work at 7 to work on my parents kitchen that im refinishing got home around 9, man did I need a beer!

Some days i feel like i need a kick in my ass.:confused: Ill drink beer anyway. I have a feeling this is going to be a long one.One big 60 oz beer, altogether now clap your hands.

Some days i feel like i need a kick in my ass.:confused: Ill drink beer anyway. I have a feeling this is going to be a long one.

Yeah, I could have kicked myself in the ass today too! I got a little over zealous with the ratchet and broke a part in my engine compartment. Gotta love JB Weld!

Uh...seeing my ex-bosses mugshot on the county website after getting a phone call from her in the clank asking that I contact a loved one for her (because they took her cell phone when they booked her and she couldn't remember their number). Can't wait to see what this brings for the rest of the week...

But I echo Golddiggie's response of 'I don't need an f'ing excuse....' :D

Uh...seeing my ex-bosses mugshot on the county website after getting a phone call from her in the clank asking that I contact a loved one for her (because they took her cell phone when they booked her and she couldn't remember their number). Can't wait to see what this brings for the rest of the week...

But I echo Golddiggie's response of 'I don't need an f'ing excuse....' :D

Wow, that's Jerry Springer kinda beer drinkin' right there!

And a long week......................................................... may as well have one more.

I scratched my cornea this morning and decided to tough it out, not going to the Dr. This is the 4th time I have done this. It is definately beer-thirty!

Nobody wants pink-eye or somethin.:drunk: gettin later to tha parti every minute.

it's tuesday
I never really got the hang of Tuesdays...

My "excuse" tonight... the pint was full to the top of the beer I was bottling, it was either drink it or dump it down the drain. I am pretty sure there is some sort of rule around here about dumping a perfectly good cold beer down a drain...

Plus side I have 2 batches of brew in bottles (about a case of each) and have 2 new beers carbing up on tap now. :)

Leave the house at 2:45 am.....get home at maybe 5 or 6 if I am lucky. If i can get a couple pulls from the tap i feel that i have accomplished something.

How am I going to make room for the next batch if I don't keep drinking what is ready now?

Leave the house at 2:45 am.....get home at maybe 5 or 6 if I am lucky. If i can get a couple pulls from the tap i feel that i have accomplished something.

Holy crap balls! Do you own a restaraunt or something? Pull that tap my friend! :mug:

Wake up at 4am, run 3.5 miles, shower, breakfast... all quiet enough not to wake the wife and kids... leave at 5:30am, drive 1.5 hours through cow fart air to a prison, deal with guys who have done bad things + tons of paperwork for 10 hours, drive another 1.5 hours home, arrive home at 6:30pm to an amazing (and tired) family... all the while knowing I have to do it all over again in less than 10 hours. Yeah...

Wake up at 4am, run 3.5 miles, shower, breakfast... all quiet enough not to wake the wife and kids... leave at 5:30am, drive 1.5 hours through cow fart air to a prison, deal with guys who have done bad things + tons of paperwork for 10 hours, drive another 1.5 hours home, arrive home at 6:30pm to an amazing (and tired) family... all the while knowing I have to do it all over again in less than 10 hours. Yeah...

No wonder you brew and drink! Thanks for what you do!

Holy crap balls! Do you own a restaraunt or something? Pull that tap my friend! :mug:
I commute a hour in the am.....and maybe a hour and a half in the pm. The funny thing is i deliver to restaurants and such for a big food service company. You get done when you get done.

Hubby does something similiar...more power to you....:)

lumpher said:
got so stressed out today i threw my mouse right into my monitor. not sure if either broke; i came home

I almost did that the other day when I realized that a network share doesn't have a recycle bin at work...my rage was in full swing that day...

That was a beer day

Condescending medical supply guy. He came out to check one of my clients' O2 equipment. He felt the need to try to explain everything to me three times. I just wanted to tell him "I'm not one of your elderly customers. I'm not some yokel who cant tell his head from his rectum because they both currently occupy the same general space. I'm probably much smarter than you. Save us both some time and explain it once."

Because one of my customers said "The compact flash was crushed and run through a grinder."

Give us this day our liquid bread for we have brewed and patiently fermented. Then we bottled with loving care and whist we waited in the slowness of time for carbonation we read and posted. As our beer approached it's time of glory we planned the future use of our fermenter. When the time came for the work our hands to be glorified we offered it in praise as a sacrifice to toils of our lives that take us from our brew and our brewing.

Let us all offer a mug to every creator of beer:

:mug:

Back