Over-Carbed PiG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Party Pig that is way overcarbed. I know that I added way too much sugar. I should have used common sense on NOT followed the instructions. 1/3 cup sugar.

I should have add 0.8 oz for 2.13 gal.

Is there any way to disipate the pressure? The only thing I can think is cool it to 34-35F.

The valve sticks so hard it difficult to open the valve!!!

I've been dumping it to a large pitcher then pouring beer from it.

What do you think about adding a bunch of hose to spigot? Would this help reduce the sudsy-like foam?

I wonder if you could just turn it until the pickup line is out of the beer and then open the valve? I haven't used a party pig so I'm not sure of it's... anatomy.

I have done this exact same thing. I did not have a solution. The hose might help. it won't hurt, I imagine. Let us all know if you figure something out! Sorry to not be of any help, but I feel your pain... I would pour into a 24 oz. glass, and get 3/4 foam...

I have no idea what a 'Party Pig' is so forgive me if my solution does not apply. If I over-carbonate a cornie keg the easiest solution is simply to release all of the pressure via the PRV and leave it overnight.

Back