Coopers prehopped kit - which next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rybrew

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Coopers Canadian blonde or the Coopers Mexican Cerveza.

I have a Brew Canada Red ale that I'm getting close to bottling and just wondering which of these 2 you guys would recommend to brew next? I'm looking for something leaner that i could drink more of.

On top of this, i've seen in videos people mixing prehopped malt, DME, and High malt glucose. In my first kit i just put prehopped can + 1 KG of DME enhancer. For my next batch would you recommend prehopped can + 1.5pound DME (not enhanced this time) + 1.5pound high malt glucose?

This will only be my second batch so sorry for the review questions.

Sounds like you watched revolutionary brewer's videos. He's on here,but I forget his name off hand. But the canadian blonde might just be the thing you're after. This recipe is much like how he does it. He talks about how good it is made this way,so I say try it & see if you like it.

I have done both the Canadian Blonde and the Mexican Cerveza and I prefer the Blonde kit.

I did both batches the same way and the only difference was the can of goop (I think the included yeasts for these kits are the same). If you compare the specs on the can the Canadian Blonde, while not very dark or bitter compared to some other kits, is both darker and more bitter than the Cerveza.

Hey guys,

Looks like Canadian blonde will be what i make next week and i will try with the new recipe posted. Unionrdr, you are correct i was watching his youtube videos which i do enjoy.

Thanks for the responses!

Back