BrewMasters Warehouse (now, rising from the ashes!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewsnthelou

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
:mad:
I recently purchased my "starter" kit from BrewMasters Warehouse out of Marietta, GA...it's been a week and it hasn't shipped yet...anyone else with experience with them? Is this typical? I know I"m anxious to get started but this seems to be too long a wait??

No I have not used them, even thought they are closer to me. I use Midwest. They usually have my shipment at the door in 3-4 days and they use fedex for shipping which is generally cheaper.

I use them all the time and have been extremely happy. It's tough to beat $6.99 shipping and I usually have my order in a couple of days.

Not only do I use BMW for most of my supplies, they currently have something I've ordered on backorder, and I've contacted them a couple times about it. I also know for the fact that they pickup their phone if you call the toll-free number (on the 2-3rd ring even!)

This is how I know the OP probably has not contacted them about order, because I know for a fact that they respond to customer emails and phone calls in a timely manner.

So maybe a better use of the OP's time is to contact BMW directly instead of posting on an internet forum about BMW.

No I have not used them, even thought they are closer to me. I use Midwest. They usually have my shipment at the door in 3-4 days and they use fedex for shipping which is generally cheaper.

BMW uses FedEx and it is only $6.99 to ship...

I ordered some stuff from them early last week, they never sent a notification they "received" my order and its status stayed "pending" for 3 or so days after the order was placed. On the 4th day I did get a notification that my order had shipped, on the 5th day it was already on my door step. Same amount of time it took to get my orders from Austin HB. They are just a little slow with notifications. Your stuff will show about the same time they tell you it shipped.

I love BMW. Most of the time my orders are here next day because I live so close. Notifications are a bit slow. On a few occasions I've had orders get stuck because of out of stock items, but a phone call or an e-mail rectifies the issue.

I have placed many orders with them and they have always been great. If it's been more than 4-5 days I'd call and check on it or email. They've always responded within the same day.

Did you ask them why they weren't sure?

"They are running a little behind"
It's nice to get an idea of timeframe when you order something online. Not every site gives the info so yes I contacted them last week. Wanted to know if this was typical of them. I also ordered from Midwest same day, got it 2 days later. Of course paid more for shipping. So, if brewmasters warehouse usually ships a little slower but you save quite a bit in money shipping, then good to know for future reference.

"They are running a little behind"
It's nice to get an idea of timeframe when you order something online. Not every site gives the info so yes I contacted them last week. Wanted to know if this was typical of them. I also ordered from Midwest same day, got it 2 days later. Of course paid more for shipping. So, if brewmasters warehouse usually ships a little slower but you save quite a bit in money shipping, then good to know for future reference.

Did you ask them what timeframe they were working in, and when they estimated they could ship it?

They are top notch. They have never missed a date with me yet. Nor have they failed to ship ordered quanities each and every time.

Yes, they said "hopefully" friday so if I don't see my "pending" status change sometime in the next couple of days, I'll contact them again. Sounds like most everyone has had good experience with them. Good to know. Guess I'm just being impatient and keep it in mind next time I order. Thanks for the feedback!

I've had nothing but great service from them.
I just ordered a couple recipes this morning, one of which I was hoping to brew this weekend...I'm hoping that they aren't *too* backed up. :(

Disintegr8or said:
I've had nothing but great service from them.
I just ordered a couple recipes this morning, one of which I was hoping to brew this weekend...I'm hoping that they aren't *too* backed up. :(

Agree! Hope we are both brewing this weekend : )

With the price of gas nowadays it's cheaper for me to pay their cheap shipping charge rather than the gas to go pick my order up. They are 25 miles from where I work. I get about 20 MPG. Today that would cost me about $8.50

Got an order update today, several of my kit items are back ordered but they are expecting them in Thursday. They did offer to send what they had now and the rest when they get it, etc. Nice they offered an option but I'll be waiting for the entire kit to ship at once. My brewing will just have to wait til next weekend, hopefully.

I just called to check the status of my order because it would have to ship today for me to get it by Friday. They said it wouldn't ship till Friday!

Said that they have been just slammed with business and are trying to catch up. I'm glad they are staying so busy for sure.

I guess I'll be driving 2 hours round trip to pick up what I need for the weekend this time. :( I'm not mad at them at all, I understand completely how it is. I guess I shouldn't have waited till the week of a big brew to order. :drunk:

I just called to check the status of my order because it would have to ship today for me to get it by Friday. They said it wouldn't ship till Friday!

Said that they have been just slammed with business and are trying to catch up. I'm glad they are staying so busy for sure.

I guess I'll be driving 2 hours round trip to pick up what I need for the weekend this time. :( I'm not mad at them at all, I understand completely how it is. I guess I shouldn't have waited till the week of a big brew to order. :drunk:

I just want to apologize to everyone that is experiencing a delay. I know that we have been behind for a little bit. We are catching up as fast as we can.

We have just been getting crushed by an onslaught of orders and customers in the store, which has made it difficult to maintain our normally very high level of customer service. We are doing everything we can to get caught up on orders as fast as we can.

Sorry,

Ed

I've only ordered from them once, but happy with the service (did call with an inquiry, and a post-order request, which was handled immediately)

I want to see brewmaster's warehouse continue to succeed as their service model (putting together one's own custom kit, with the exact quantities needed for a recipe) seems to be unique among online suppliers, and it really works well for me and my brewing situation now--I don't brew that often, don't have a grain mill yet, using recipes I've formulated or found online or in books, and would rather have supplies then delivered to me than drive to get them due to limited time).

FWIW, they have my vote, and I will order from them again.

Brewmasters Warehouse said:
I just want to apologize to everyone that is experiencing a delay. I know that we have been behind for a little bit. We are catching up as fast as we can.

We have just been getting crushed by an onslaught of orders and customers in the store, which has made it difficult to maintain our normally very high level of customer service. We are doing everything we can to get caught up on orders as fast as we can.

Sorry,

Ed

Thank you Ed for the update and it sounds like everyone has nothing but praise for your company. I look forward to receiving my kit from you and getting started.

Sorry,

Ed
No need to apologize. I'm happy you're so busy, that means you'll still be around next year at this time. :rockin:

Removed previous post.

***Update***
I received an email from Ed this afternoon. He's given me his word on improving upon my next experience and offered some compensation for the inconvenience. I'm glad someone at Brewmasters Warehouse is looking out for us online customers. Thanks again Ed.

BAK6E said:
Removed previous post.

***Update***
I received an email from Ed this afternoon. He's given me his word on improving upon my next experience and offered some compensation for the inconvenience. I'm glad someone at Brewmasters Warehouse is looking out for us online customers. Thanks again Ed.

Hey, that's great. Always nice to work with a company that treats it's customers like people and not just a number. Happy Brewing!

I'd recommend them, excellent customer service when I've had to call about something. The only thing I wish would change is the website to reflect out of stock items, expected in stock date, something to that effect. I'd much rather make a substitute if possible than wait for an email later that it's out of stock.

Well, I am on my second order with them and sorry to say it will probably be my last. I order all my items on Mondays normally and as of Thursday it still hasn't even shipped. YOU CAN BET YOUR A$$ THEY BILLED ME THOUGH !!!! They are an hour and a half from me and can't seem to get out my orders. I wanted to spend my weekend brewing not driving 3 hours. In their defense, the site is great, the products are cheap, and very good quality. I just can't put up with it taking this long when Northern Brewer, is a little higher priced, but would have already had it here. I really hate this but, looks like my business will continue to go north to N.B.

hey ed,

got everything today and i love how you packaged everything - the hops and yeast were still somehow cool after a cross country trip with just one cold pack i bought.

the reason everyone is upset is lack of communication. your product, price and packaging are excellent, but it was unacceptable to wait days and require a phone call to find out why there was a delay. a simple email to everyone waiting would have gone a long way. small gestures like credits were great, but some upfront (rather than responsive) updates would have prevented most people's frustration.

that said, i like seeing you posting in here and i like what i received today. i'll be ordering from you again.

I agree, however somethings just not right. I mean I waited 6 days and nothing. So I send an email and next thing you know its an immediate response that it's shipping today. By the end of the day it shipped. Cool, right?

Well maybe, but isn't the point of good customer service is to have a customer not have to get to this point. Why does an email or phone call generate an action. I want my credit transaction to trigger an action. I'm wiling to wait 2 business days for an order to be processed and ready for shipper pickup. More than that and I'm wondering what's going on.

I'm curious to know more about those having delays with their orders? Was this delay with off the shelf products in regular quantities or for brew builder kits? I could understand a couple days wait for brew builder kits that need to be weighed and packaged but off the shelf stuff that they just throw into a box....a week to ship seems strange.

I'm curious to know more about those having delays with their orders? Was this delay with off the shelf products in regular quantities or for brew builder kits? I could understand a couple days wait for brew builder kits that need to be weighed and packaged but off the shelf stuff that they just throw into a box....a week to ship seems strange.

My order was an all grain cream ale recipe, a wheat recipe, and 2 packs of US-05. Staples at any brew shop.

Mine was an all grain red ale recipe, dry yeast and no hops. I would think that brewbuilder recipes would be easier to fill since grain supplies are readily available. If an item is back ordered, then I expect a delay with a notification of such delay.

Also, I had read this thread before I even ordered from. I have ordered from them in the past and I believe there are exceptions to everything. I will also try them again (once more). The next time I order I wont call at a week or even 2 weeks. If it takes longer than a week I wont order from them again.

I have also experienced delays in some of my recent orders. It is especially tough for those of us living on the west coast. It takes 5 days to get to me and if you add an additional 3-4 days just to ship out, it means I need to order about 2 weeks in advance! I ordered several brew builder kits from them last year and almost every time it was shipped the same day. Therefore, this is the level of service I have come to expect. So, when I ordered close to Christmas last year, it didn't ship until 3-4 days later which meant I was unable to brew around the holidays like I had hoped.

I ordered another brew builder kit from them this past Mon and three days later it is still pending. I contacted BMW and they said they are running behind, but they have hired a couple more people and they hope to reduce the ship times down in the future.

In general, I would pay slightly higher prices for faster shipping. However, BMW is still the best around online homebrew store I have found. They have exceptional customer service (I receive quick responses from my inquiries, they have immediately shipped a replacement product when a mistake was made), they have an excellent selection of products, and I love the brew builder feature. Therefore, I will continue to support BMW for most of my online purchases.

Back