Does this sound normal? (Belgian Wit)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcshaw16

Reaction score
So I got a belgian witbier going, been fermenting two weeks. The OG was 1.045, right now it is at 1.008, which seemed a little low to me but not that crazy I guess. Using the wyeast belgian wit strain, at 68F. The thing that gets me is that there are still a few bubbles every couple minutes coming through the air lock.

I was planning on kegging this tomorrow, but maybe not if it is still dropping once I check the gravity again. I am guessing I need to rely more on my hydrometer and less on the air lock, but was just curious.

So I got a belgian witbier going, been fermenting two weeks. The OG was 1.045, right now it is at 1.008, which seemed a little low to me but not that crazy I guess. Using the wyeast belgian wit strain, at 68F. The thing that gets me is that there are still a few bubbles every couple minutes coming through the air lock.

I was planning on kegging this tomorrow, but maybe not if it is still dropping once I check the gravity again. I am guessing I need to rely more on my hydrometer and less on the air lock, but was just curious.

You guessed right.

Belgina yeast can't read a calendar. They take their time to finish.

Give it time to finish. Two weks of krausen is very normal.

Yeah watch the gravity readings. They should make airlocks that don't show signs of co2 release.

Back