Oaked Arrogant Bastard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a sixxer today from my semi-local beer specialty store. Also got a bomber of Double Bastard.

Found 2 bottles of Bell's Two Hearted (YES!!!!!) and figured I'd try the Pyramid Thunderhead IPA as well since I've never had it. Last but not least a local Richmond brewery seasonal, Legend Imperial Stout.

I have an oaked bastard and a two hearted chilling right now, for tonight's sampling.

I'll save the Double bastard for the Raleigh brew boys' visit.

The Legend Impy Stout for a cold, lonely night at home. :D

I don't like the oaked Bastard as much as the regular, but it sounds like you have some sampling to do.

Two Hearts is on my new top 5 list. God it is good. But they don't sell it out here in the wastelands of New Mexico.

The Oaked Bastard is made with an oak tea FYI.

And yes, we all hate you and your beer cooling in the refrigerator. More truthfully, we hate your super-human ability to let a beer wait long enough to get cool before you drink it.

On my way to sampling the Oaked bastard...but I tried a Bell's Two-Hearted first. This stuff is great. It is definitely one of the top IPAs I've ever had. Man I wish I could get more of this stuff. It has a perfect maltiness to go with the hops. I'd love to know the malt they use in this. Very crisp tasting. Awesome.

Dude said:
Picked up a sixxer today from my semi-local beer specialty store. Also got a bomber of Double Bastard.

Found 2 bottles of Bell's Two Hearted (YES!!!!!) and figured I'd try the Pyramid Thunderhead IPA as well since I've never had it. Last but not least a local Richmond brewery seasonal, Legend Imperial Stout.

I have an oaked bastard and a two hearted chilling right now, for tonight's sampling.

I'll save the Double bastard for the Raleigh brew boys' visit.

The Legend Impy Stout for a cold, lonely night at home. :D

Did you get a chance to try their chocolate porter? That is one of my favorites, and if I had my kegerator up and running, I would have filled a corny with that and bottled my apfelwien. I didn't much care for their imperial IPA, but I could probably go for the Imperial stout.

Dude said:
On my way to sampling the Oaked bastard...but I tried a Bell's Two-Hearted first. This stuff is great. It is definitely one of the top IPAs I've ever had. Man I wish I could get more of this stuff. It has a perfect maltiness to go with the hops. I'd love to know the malt they use in this. Very crisp tasting. Awesome.

I believe the recipe uses British 2-row pale male, light crystal at about 6% and about 10 or 11% vienna malt, Centinial hops all the way through. I think it is the vienna that gives it is character.

I just sampled an Oaked AB and a Santa's Private Reserve Rogue. The Oaked AB definitely had an excellent aroma and initial flavor. So far I have only seen Bells by the case but it looks like I might have to take the plunge considering all the great reviews I hear.

Oaked Bastard....interesting.

I drink a lot of regular AB, so I can definitely taste a difference. It is pretty damn good, but I knew that already. :D

I love the oak taste. I think I'm in love.

Two hearted ale goes fast around my house, sadly my wife drinks most of it before I get any :(

I picked up some of the oaked arrogant bastard the other day and it's good, but I think I like the regular arrogant bastard better, and at $15 for a 6 pack, the oaked is a tad bit pricey there...

Hmm, I live about 25 minutes away from Kalamazoo Brewery where they make Bell's. I've never had the Two Hearted. In fact last night was the first time I'd ever seen it. Kinda wish I'd picked up the sixer from the cooler.

Back