I just got an amazing craigslist deal. What is your best score?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewtx

Reaction score
Just got a kegerator. Holds two cornys and has a place for the co2 tank. Got the fridge, dual regulator, all the lines, two large co2 tanks, dual chrome tower, two wooden chalk board handles, and a drip pan. Oh not to mention he threw in two ball lock kegs with the kegerator purchase. Got this all for 175$. Today was a good day.

That is a freak'n awesome deal!

I just picked up a small freezer with 72 clean, boxed bottles for $25.

Personally my best was 6 ball lock cornies, 4 five gallon carboys, full 5lb co2 tank, regulator, 4 line distribution block, a couple picnic taps, miscallaneous stoppers, 3 growlers, and a few random odds and ends all for 230. Some older gentlemen just wanted to gt rid of it all.

A massive chest freezer that could accommodate 12 cornies at a time for free.

Also, 2 free ball lock kegs on a desperate occasion.

Bests deal I ever got was a 20# co2 completely filld, with reg, and a coney for 35 big ones

My neighbor who owns an industrial fabrication shop brought me a 100# CO2 tank for free when I got my kegerator. Had to chain this bad boy down to the studs in my basement and build a plywood lid so the kids couldn't knock it down or hit the regulator and cause a guided missle to shoot through my house!

My best craigslist score as far as brewing stuff goes is a freezer that will hold 3 cornies with room to spare for a carboy + bottles, a Johnson Controls temp controller, and a full 5lb co2 tank w/ regulator for a mere $100.

So I was just trolling craigslist for some Cornies and ended up finding a guy of was getting out of brewing altogether because he had moved and had no space for it. I got everything below for $200:

2 ball lock cornies (1 with neoprene jacket)
20# co2 tank w/ regulator 1/2 full.
10 gallon Polarware brewpot with temp/valve and false bottom
Spare false bottom for a cooler
Propane cache cooker
Brewtek grain mill
Johnson temp controller
1 Carboy heating element wrap
3 carboys (1 with neoprene jacket)
3 buckets
a picnic c02 charge and tap
+ various bits (caps, growlers, hydrometer, thermo's, etc)

...it reignited my interest in brewing and started me on all-grain which I'm finding really enjoyable.

Last week I picked up 10 pin lock kegs from the HBT marketplace for $10 each. This week I picked up a 'broken', 8.8 CF Kenmore chest freezer for free. I was told it did not work well, despite being brand new. I plugged it in and adjusted the dial, and it chilled to 10 degrees.

Just shaved about 500 bucks off my keezer build. :)

I have been very fortunate.

$500
brewing equipment 001.jpg

$100
CL Find.jpg

$200
cornies.jpg

So I had given up on my local craigslist after searching like crazy with no results. Then last nite I scored!!! Commercial keggerator, twin tower, 40# co2 tank, regs and the works. 200.00
I am stoked!

Back