sam adams octoberfest 2012

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every year I find myself liking it less and less. I think it's because every year I try more and more beers. I had a bottle last night because, being from Boston I feel like I need to, but it was pretty meh.

The Winter Lager on tap is still one of my all time favs though.

I agree, each year I find myself liking it less and less. Still an okay brew but nothing special.

It is ok, generally not my favorite Sam Adams seasonal. Though I will say it was better then the Porter I brewed in May. I am hoping bottle conditioning will save that beer. It is getting better, now at least it is drinkable.

For some reason the last time I had SA Ocktoberfest ( two years ago) it was maybe a little sweeter than this year. But then again maybe its cause I did not get any last year and my tastebuds dont know the difference.

I like this year's Sam Adams' Oktoberfest. Not the best on the planet but good. They have made a lot of good beer.. not a whole lot of great beer.. but mostly good. They do also have enough variety to hit some good notes for everyone. For a brewery their size I think they are doing well with bringing real beer to people.

Now I'm going to have some beer from my keezer. :)

The O-fest is my favorite Sam's seasonal. Had my first of this years batch Friday night. I like it. Seemed a lot smoother than last year.

Less hop aroma than last year. I was a little disappointed with last years for this reason. That said, other than their special batches, this is the only sam adams I consistently love.

usually my favorite SA and one of my favorite Octoberfest beers. They have been increasing the hops a little more each year the last few years to the point, it just isn't a fest beer anymore. Still good but to hoppy for an octoberfest

Agree that its better on tap. Had it for the first time 5 years ago, it was great. Since then Becks Oktoberfest has been my fav, although I have to say that since ive been trying others, they are both fading to the background.

Latest posts

Back