Welchs White Grape Peach Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airplanedoc

Reaction score
I have made a few batch's of welches white grape peach wine. I use the below recipe. I have always got rave reviews from this wine. I am currently getting ready to make a 3 gal batch (the only currently empty carboy).

I found a 1 lb box of golden raisins in the pantry, I am thinking about adding them to give a little more body/flavor. Has anyone done this? Is this a bad idea?

I understand that i need to chop the raisins, soak/rinse in hot water and bag them. The recipe already has pectic enzyme in it, should I add some more? Is this a bad idea? Do I leave them in the whole time the juice ferments?

Recipe
3 Gal Welch's White Grape and Peach
1-1/4 lbs granulated sugar to 1.080
2 Tbsp acid blend
1 Tbsp pectic enzyme
1 Tbsp yeast nutrient
Cotes De Blancs wine yeast

Back sweeten with a f-pack of same juice reduced to aprox 1 ltr.

Thanks in Advance

AD

my welches recipe used 1lb sugar per gallon and they say Im alittle lite

doesn't welch's white grape concentrate have metabisulfite in it...doesn't that affect the fermentation process?

I did not recal that it did when I made mine. But with a healthy must and a lot of aeration/minimum 24 hour rest time before yeast pitch. You can get the must to ferment with a proper yeast.

Skeeter pee is one I did that I know has metabisulfate in the "Real Lemon" juice concentrate. Again with proper technique millions of gallons have been brewed.

Latest posts

Back