Taprite vs Micro Matic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevePT

Reaction score
I am toying with getting a new double guage premium regulator and have narrowed it down mainly to these 2 brands/models. I have been using an economy one from beverage factory for years now and it has served me very well to this point but it is a hassle to adjust and I like the sound of how the premium seal better, always worried I have a slow leak from the seal. Long story short I got a 15 lb CO2 tank a while back so I was thinking about getting my old 5 lb CO2 tank filled and using the old regulator just to force carbonate new batches, that way when they go in the kegerator they are good to go and I wont have to turn off the CO2 to the other 2 kegs while the new one charges. Sorry there was no way to make this a short and sweet post with out all the details, if I could have got a cheap regulator for like $30 delivered/out the door I would have got that for use with the 5 lb the charge the kegs but I dont really find any for less than $40 so I was thinking I might as well spend a little more and get a premium for my kegerator :cross:

Do any of the options have built-in plastic gaskets? The guy at my gas shop frowned on ones with the plastic attached, saying they wear out over time. He recommended a regulator that had a flat/smooth fit and using the disposable graphite washer gasket deals each time you swap out the tank. Every time I refill, he tosses in a new gasket.

I am personally a huge fan of Keg Cowboy's Regulators. I really doubt you would be able to find a better deal online. The regulators are very nice, definitely in the "premium" level that you would often pay over $60 for. It is a nice large body regulator with good gauges, gauge protectors, and a knob adjuster. Check it out.

http://www.kegcowboy.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=230

Thanks for the kind words the Peak 7 has been 5 years in the making and we are really proud of it! Everyday Price $36
BigBody_Reg.jpg

Do any of the options have built-in plastic gaskets? The guy at my gas shop frowned on ones with the plastic attached, saying they wear out over time. He recommended a regulator that had a flat/smooth fit and using the disposable graphite washer gasket deals each time you swap out the tank. Every time I refill, he tosses in a new gasket.

So! Use a fraggin graphite gasket in addition to the integral seal. It won;t care either way.

I have the second one from Micromatic that ODaniel showed but honestly, I don't think you can go too wrong. I liked having the hand knob, but keep in mind that you really likely won't mess with the pressure too frequently once you get setup

Latest posts

Back