noob question: Does the fermentation process smell?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rival178

Reaction score
I'm wanting to ferment my first brew im my closet, it stays cool there and no sunlight will get in, however will this make my clothes smell?

Well it can smell, But I live in a loft and my brew closet is actually my coat closet....AND I have had some funky smeeling brews..mostly sulfur (Rhino farts we call them) from apfelwein.

But the smell has never permeated any of my coats. It usually just smells if you sniff the airlock.

I'm not sure if it would stick to be honest. It's not that much output. Besides... a malt scented coat sounds like heaven to me!

My work clothes are in my fermenting closet, and I am still employed five years later!

Even better...a CASCADE/CENTENNIAL hop scented coat...mmmmmm

You would have the dope dogs going crazy Rev!

Hey, I need another avatar, someone found me out! I was just thinking...

Before I move my secondaries to kegs I could lift them up on a table, get in front so it looks like they are hovering....and put on a hat like the two cans of beer in a hat with two hoses going in my mouth.....what ya think?
:rockin:

Damn. Well, we can coordinate not posting on the same thread for now on!

You should look into some sort of head brace for 2 corny kegs. Start with one of those traction neck devices you see on TV shows... build some bracing... THEN use tubes.

All while wearing your centennial scented coat.

Now that would be elite.

Back