victory hop wallop recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsdrake219

Reaction score
does anyone have this? this beer is awesome 8.5% light very flavorful iipa

i'd love to make some up but m not sure what hops are being used in this :mug:

It's been a while since I've had hop wallop, I think I've only had one bottle of it, but it is delicious, I remember that. Here's what their website reveals:
As our annual homage to the hop harvest, expect loads of aromatic splendor and bitter beauty.
COMPOSITION
Malts: Imported German malts
Hops: American whole flowers
Alcohol by volume: 8.5%

Based on that information, you've at least got origin country sourcing. Go for a distinctly German malt bill and strictly American hop varieties, like the "big Cs": Crystal, Chinook, Cascade, Centennial, and Columbus.

as i drink this i can kind of pick out some of those hops mostly the chinook and centennial now im not sure what goes where but they did it beautifully and im sure there is atleast 1 more hop probably a few more tho

this is pushing for 1st on my fav ipa list.. 90 min is my fav but damn this is good

Chinook is more of a bittering hop, and centennial is a damn tasty flavor/aroma hop, so you've already got a good start on figuring it out.

Someone in another thread about this beer mentioned that they believe there's vienna and crystal 20L in addition to a pale base of some sort - probably a German pils malt of some sort.

You won't get that really spicy, piney flavor and aroma from Centennial. I am still looking for that pine tree fresh hop flavor that the Hop Wallop wallops you with.

This is my favorite IPA as well.

Simcoe has a huge hit of piney-ness, and is quite nice. It's the principle flavor in Weyerbacher's simcoe IPA and double simcoe IPA, as well as Avery's maharaja IIPA.

I'll have to try the Weyerbacher. If it is the same flavor then I have pretty much zeroed in on a decent first pass attempt of a clone of Hop Wallop.

Back