fill one co2 from another?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnef

Reaction score
i know this sounds strange, but i'm just wondering. right now, i have three co2 tanks, 2.5, 20, 50 lb tanks.

what i'm wondering is if there is some way that would allow me to fill the smaller tanks from the larger one if i use the smaller tanks first?

i'm thinking this isn't really possible for me since co2 is stored in a liquid state, and the pressure is just the 'evaporated' part of the co2, so if i start transferring from one co2 to another, only enough will compress into the smaller tank, and it won't condense into liquid.

maybe if i were to chill the smaller tank, it would help to liquify the co2?

also, does anyone sell connectors from one co2 tank to another? it would probably have to be solid metal, right? in order to withstand the pressure?

just some thoughts...

Here's a thought and don't take it wrong please but, don't F with pressurized tanks if you do not know what you are doing. I can't see any upside to doing it yourself. We fill SCBA tanks for the firehouse I've seen hoses take off and almost behead people. I think it would be worth taking to a professional to fill.

haha, don't worry, it was more of a passing thought. it's pretty cheap to swap tanks, but this was more of 'is it possible'

Latest posts

Back