First batch of hard cider!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris

Reaction score
I went with the Apflwein. And i used the Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen Yeast.
When i was at the store i had a brain fart and told the guy i need 1 packet of that yeast, after i left i noticed it was 125 grams liquid yeast. You have to break the pouch and mix it then throw it in. So i did that cept it didnt really break and i used my hands.

Is this gonna pose a problem.... :p Should i jusy screw it and redo it.

Shouldn't be a problem. Those little packets of yeast goodies are harder than heck to break and I'm really bad at it. The ones I couldn't break, I just tossed the yeast in and called it good. It may take a couple days for your yeast to get working but that's fine.

BTW, never ever toss a batch because of a silly thing like that or I will have to come over to your house and severely scold you. :p

Ahahah ok man cool. I didnt know so id rather go spend more 20 more bucks then waste 1 month. Im going to be buying more carboys and stuff tho this home brewing is fun.

Anthother thing, the yeast wont start right away? i was wondering cause nothing is going on but ill wait a few days i guess.

Yea, give it at least 24-48 hours, then you should see some activity. :)

Next time, work the little nutrient packet into the corner of the smack pack. Lay it flat in one hand, and smack it as hard as you can, focusing on the corner with the nutrient bubble. The foil pack is very resilient, so don't worry about breaking it.

For now, RDWHAHB. It'll still work.

Yuri_Rage said:
Next time, work the little nutrient packet into the corner of the smack pack. Lay it flat in one hand, and smack it as hard as you can, focusing on the corner with the nutrient bubble. The foil pack is very resilient, so don't worry about breaking it.

For now, RDWHAHB. It'll still work.

ahh see i was afraid id bust that thing open or something. Thnx for all the help.

Back