Diy march pump!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrostar

Reaction score
I was given two 3300 rpm .06hp inducer motor assemblies for gas furnaces. The motors are identical to the fasco motors in dimensions and specs. I talked to my local march pump rep and am going to order the parts I need. Should be less than $100 for a high flow pump. I don't think this has been done before on here so I'll post pictures as I go. The only mod ill probably have to do is cut the shafts a tiny bit. Other than that, this should be fun.

I was looking to do the same with an iwaki motor I got at the scrap yard. The march pump connecting bracket bolts right on with no problems. All I would need is the wet end assembly and the bracket and I am off and pumping. Total cost would be $60. Since I already have a march pump, I am just going to store the motor way incase something ever happens to the march motor

I decided against it. I will keep the motor in case one of my pump motors breaks but I priced out all the components and it would be roughly $115 dollars for parts. I can buy a NEW chugger for less than that. Dealers and their parts mark-ups are just lame. If anybody does have a broken pump or some components they want to sell, I'll take them off your hands.

yeah I was in the same boat. I already have a March that i love and to get the iwaki up and running with march parts would cost me $60. If it was going to be a primary pump I would convert but for now it is a back up

ekjohns said:
by the way that was my 1000 post

60 dollars where and for what parts? If all you have is the motor, you'd need the entire assembly from shafts to threads. If you're talking 60 for all that please tell me where.

Let me clarify. All I would need is the connecting bracket ($30) and the pump head assembly (someone on here was selling a plastic one for $30 when I was looking) He no longer has them so it would probably cost more now if I bought new. The pump I bought was complete with the magnet and everything, but without knowing what it was used for pumping I dont want to use it. I spoke to the manufacturer and all the iwaki pump parts are glass supported polypropylene which is good well above boiling. Polypropylene is actually one of the best plastics for consumable products that are heated up

Well that makes sense then. I would love to build one if it was cost effective.

Back