Bottling and sampling day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I bottled up some pinot noir from 2008 frozen grapes today. It's very young, but at this point it was already very good.

I decided that was enough, but I wanted to check on some of my other wines. So I just pulled tiny samples out of the carboys to taste and check the clarity.

From left to right:
Sauvignon blanc, crabapple, and blackberry:
DSCF5269.jpg

So quit teasing..........how were the other 3 tasting?

Those were awesome! I've decided to bottle them sometime in mid January. The crabapple is my favorite- it's fruity and dry and crisp like a pinot grigio with a slight apple-ish nose. Great legs, clarity, aroma, with a "clean" fruity finish. The crabapples were very tart-sweet last year, and I think that was the key.

The blackberry has a strong hint of tannin, but I didn't oak it. I think it will mellow into a fabulous wine in about 6-9 months.

The sauvignon blanc was exactly what it should be- dry and fruity with hints of melon and and a bit of grass. It's really a nice wine, too! I made it from frozen juice from Northern Brewer.

Back