Bottle conditioning/storage temp.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaz

Reaction score
I just finished carbing a pumpkin ale after 2 weeks in the bottle. I have an Irish Ale carbing as we speak, a milk stout that is ready to bottle and a Witbier fermenting. Where does everyone store all their homebrews? I always see that people have 4-6 brews going at a time. Now, I have a beer fridge in our garage, a full size side by side with a freezer. It isn't great for holding full cases, but I can get a good bit in there. Is it okay to store cases of bottled home brew at room temperature. Say 70-80F, during the winter its not a big deal, because our garage will get pretty cold and our crawl space will go down to the mid 40's. But what about in the summer when ambient room temp is warmer? Or does everyone have huge fridges that they store everything in? TIA.

I agree with devilishprune's post. I say I brew Lynbrook beer. I use Lynbrook water and my beer is affected by Lynbrook weather. I dont usually brew during Later July and August as the apartment get up to 90 during the day while we are at work. It may not be the best this to store beer at high temp or even room temp, but you got to work with what you got. I have an old cabin with doors on it (it keeps the light exposure down) in my closet which I use to store my beer before it enters the fridge. The closet stays a little cooler than the apartment. SWMBO and I have one fridge in the apartment, and lets just way that I dont get to use as much as I would like for beer and ingredient storage. But hey, its the compromises that enable me to brew without complaints. One day I will have my dedicated fridge.

Kaz,

I put mine in an unused bathtub upstairs. That way if I get a bottle bomb, it will run down the drain.(Hasn't happened yet.) Keep at room temperature for two weeks and check the carb level. If all is good, then it goes out in the garage.

NRS

Back