Tired of bottling. I want to keg!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ek1050

Reaction score
I have a kegerator that will fit two C kegs. What kind should I get? I plan on buying a couple of kegs, but which type is better?
What sort of equipment (quick disconnects etc.) do I need? I havent found a good diamgram or list of thing I will need to use. I have a CO2 tank and standard 1/2 keg tap, so just connections and fittings...?
Its a single tap kegerator.
Thanks for any direction or help!
-Mike

Pliny ingredients in my fridge, waiting for some water, yeast, 17 oz of hops, and a home in a keg ;)

PS I want to be able to go back to the standard keg fitting if its an easy swap sometime...

I would buy a few ball lock kegs. Ball locks are a lot more common than pin-locks. Any store you buy your kegs from should be able to set you up with all the hardware you need.

Now that's a great kit. Being able to swtich between homebrew and commerical that quickly is really nice.
Might get me headed down the homebrew kegging path sooner. Currently only use the kegerator for macrobrew for football....my friends have lousy taste in beer.

I second on kegconnection.com. This Sanke Tap to Homebrew Conversion Kit, with disconnects is what I bought from them to convert from sanke to cornelius kegs. Also bought three kegs from them. Had an issue with a gas disconnect, called them, sent me a replacement no questions asked.

I wish someone would build a female sanke adapter that just snaps onto a commercial sanke kegerator, and has QDs coming off of it. No playing with beer/gas lines, just pop the lever up on the sanke connector and twist off.

Back