Holy Crap! I'm out of beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelou6

Reaction score
How the hell could this happen? I was going to ask SWMBO to pick some up while she was out, but she forgot her phone. grrrrrrrr.

I guess I will have to resort to that other malt based beverage, good ole' Jim Beam.

So, what do you all drink in case of an emergency?

Dear God, man, this is a serious breach of protocol. Your membership in good standing is in jeopardy. Move quickly.

Chad said:
Dear God, man, this is a serious breach of protocol. Your membership in good standing is in jeopardy. Move quickly.

well, technically I am not out, there is a bunch of Miller Lite that my sister brings over, but I have my standards.

If I ran out of brew I think hell would freeze over and a fissure would erupt out of the ground and consume my home. ;)

However, if I ran out and didn't have some wine I would probably just have a glass of water or if it's the weekend hit up a bar. ;)

bluelou6 said:
well, technically I am not out, there is a bunch of Miller Lite that my sister brings over, but I have my standards.

No, still out. Miller light doesn't count.

Nothin' wrong with a bourbon or a gin & tonic...

In fact, sometimes I prefer a little bourbon to a beer. The obvious solution is to make a bourbon barrel stout.

kinison_fan said:
Vodka Martini.

Not that I would run out - 6 kegs, 4 on tap, but the martini is my go to alternative.

Whats that word before martini? I've never seen it before..... hehehehe

Sorry, I'm a bit of a martini snob, gin will show you the way!!! Then again, SWMBO is claiming I'm becomming a Beer Snob as well.... I'm ok with that

elkdog said:
Nothin' wrong with a bourbon or a gin & tonic...

In fact, sometimes I prefer a little bourbon to a beer. The obvious solution is to make a bourbon barrel stout.

Can we be friends? I passed up a few beers Sunday night to sip on some nice bourbon. I thought I was weird but it turns out I'm not.

This brings up an interesting point

This weekend I need to fire up the generator....waiting for the power to go out this winter....and my stash is slowly getting larger by the bi-week. What I need to do is keep up on my firece brew schedule so that when the 'big' snow of 6" comes, I don't have to walk 3/10 of a mile to the liquor store...just stay indoors with the HB.....only thing I'll have to do is go get gas for the generator if need be

This hasn't happened to me yet, but I reckon I'd make the four minute walk to the market and fetch some more...or resort to some of the wine in the cellar.

:mug:

Getting there my self with my recent budget shortage, I think i may have 4 bottles left?

I guess if i'm hard up i can go for my sam adams utopias...

Otherwise its jack n coke, or my new fav whiskey Templeton Rye when i can get it... (Gangsters martini baby)

BNVince said:
Can we be friends? I passed up a few beers Sunday night to sip on some nice bourbon. I thought I was weird but it turns out I'm not.

Consider it done. I had a bourbon on Sunday, too. It was cold outside- perfect weather for a good bourbon, neat.

I have a keg of American Stout, Old Speckled Hen, Oatmeal Stout and Nierra Sevada PA stashed in kegs…tucked away in the corner of the brewshop.

They are my “in case of disaster” beers.

If those run out…it’s on to the single malt and water for me…

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus
I brew way too much for this to ever happen.

Quote from Evan
Me and you both, el capitan.

Just hope you never hurt your back. That can sideline you for months.

BierMuncher said:
I have a keg of American Stout, Old Speckled Hen, Oatmeal Stout and Nierra Sevada PA stashed in kegs…tucked away in the corner of the brewshop.

They are my “in case of disaster” beers.

If those run out…it’s on to the single malt and water for me…

I get the impression that if we're ever reduced to the point where we have to tap BierMuncher's secret stash, we'll already be fending off the advancing zombie horde with machetes.

Chad

Chad said:
I get the impression that if we're ever reduced to the point where we have to tap BierMuncher's secret stash, we'll already be fending off the advancing zombie horde with machetes.

Chad

ahahahahahahaha!

That was hysterical!

Backup for me includes Glenlivet and Crown Royal. :)
But with the HB and the commercial beer I have on tap and in the fridge and aging, I dont think it will be an issue...

You might want to consider establishing a reorder point; that quantity that you NEVER fall below.

As for me, if all else fails, I've still got a great single malt stashed for the end of the world. Of course if it's just the end of the world as we know it, I can always drink that one and replace it.

MrShake said:
Whats that word before martini? I've never seen it before..... hehehehe

Sorry, I'm a bit of a martini snob, gin will show you the way!!! Then again, SWMBO is claiming I'm becomming a Beer Snob as well.... I'm ok with that

I'm all about a Tanqueray 10 dirty gin martini w/ bleu cheese olives. Martini Snobs Unite!!!!:ban:

Not that I wouldn't drink a gin martini, but if I'm going to have a few they are vodka. For some reason, I get headaches from gin....maybe I should buy buy better gin.
(and those bleu cheese olives sound good-I'll have to look for them).

Chad said:

Chad

... or his keggle... ;)

I've started getting into martinis (gin only) recently; I love the aromatics of some good gin. Go great with a nice smoke, too!

ScubaSteve said:
I'm all about a Tanqueray 10 dirty gin martini w/ bleu cheese olives. Martini Snobs Unite!!!!:ban:

Clean it up and I'm on board!! mmmmmm... the 10 is niiiiiiiiiiiice

Back