Newbie need help setting up Brewtarget

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tieflyer

Reaction score
Ok, I have a 7.5 Keggle and an 11 gallon igloo cooler setup.

tieflyer_brewing

I want to setup the mash as a single infusion mase, 60 minutes at 150f. How do I do it?

A 7.5 gallon kettle is going to be cutting it extremely close with an all grain batch. You'll have to watch the entire boil.

As for how to mash...I suggest taking a look at this site. http://howtobrew.com/section3/index.html

There's a lot that goes into it, and it's pretty hard to explain everything in one post.

To set up the equipment, click the kettle looking icon in the menu bar. This will open the equipment editor. You can use this to set up the volumes of your kit, evaporation rate, etc.

You can create a mash by selecting the Mash tab and clicking "Edit mash". This will let you name the mash and set some basic parameters. Follow the standard description for setting up the different mash parameters and the batch sparge. Then just click "Save mash".

The sequence of actions is best described in About => Manual. Scroll down to the "Making a mash" section.

My fault...I didn't realize this was a brewing program. Your picture shows up as a red X, so I thought you needed help figuring out how to mash at 150F for an hour.

My fault...I didn't realize this was a brewing program. Your picture shows up as a red X, so I thought you needed help figuring out how to mash at 150F for an hour.

not sure why my pic does not appear correctly but I have used the keggle for 5 gallon batchs before, just haven't used brew target to get brew day instructions before so I was just trying to set it up.

Thanks for the reply's:)

my fault...i didn't realize this was a brewing program. Your picture shows up as a red x, so i thought you needed help figuring out how to mash at 150f for an hour.

rofl :d:d:d:d Being posted in the "Software" forum should have been your first clue. LOL!!

rofl :d:d:d:d Being posted in the "Software" forum should have been your first clue. LOL!!

Good point. I don't actually search threads by forum though. I use the "unanswered threads" link at the top of the page to find posts that haven't been commented on yet. It does show me what forum is was posted in, but it's not as obvious.

Latest posts

Back