NanoBrewery build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWEET! Despite the fact that I was born into being a Bills fan, I have to say "Hell Yeah."

The cold room is a great idea. In fact, make it as big as you can, especially if you're going to be bottling. You may find more demand for your beer than you can supply with a 5 to 10 gal brew schedule. Looks awesome. I've spent some time with TTB and Cal. ABC folks (and local planners for that matter) and I'm happy to help if they throw you anything that sounds weird. In the meantime, you don't need to get COLA approval if you're only distributing within CA, and the state label approval is much easier. Remember to apply for e-mail price posting with the CA ABC too. If there's anything I might be able to help with, let me know. I'm PMing with my phone number.

Rock on! and good luck.

Gordie

very cool keep the photos coming. It would be pretty sweet to go a on a beer and wine tasting by the two places.

Feeling a little under the weather today but was able to get the window installed and more ridge boards.

9-19-09.jpg

9-19-09 Window framed.jpg

wow this is awesome this will only ever be a dream for me. SWMBO will always make sure of that LOL cant wait to see this finished good luck

wow this is awesome this will only ever be a dream for me. SWMBO will always make sure of that LOL cant wait to see this finished good luck

Thanks. You never know. Get enough people tasting your brew and show the wife there's money to be made and she just might change her mind. Don't give up. :mug:

A sandwich of 1/2" exterior sheathing, 2 inches of foam, 1/2" of exterior sheathing and plastic shower-board or some sort of metal flooring.

Everyone else daydreaming about doing the same, CA has fewer barriers to enter the business than other states. :(

Polyurethane seems to be what I have heard people using. I would think it would be at least worth looking into.

looks good .. I just found out that anything over 10 ft tall or larger than 100 square feet needs a permit foundation or not where I live. So my brew shed is on hold till I pull the permit.

Funny. Enough people build enough things to evade the building regs, the bureaucrats just modify them. Luckily, we're in a rural area in a small county, so there's quite a bit of "wiggle" room. I tore down an old garage / erected a new one three years ago, told no one. Haven't heard anything yet....

What do you plan for drains?

You will spill water and beer.

Stainless Steel trench drains in sloped quarry tile floors are the best I have worked with.

What do you plan for drains?

You will spill water and beer.

Stainless Steel trench drains in sloped quarry tile floors are the best I have worked with.

I have a pack of straws handy for any spilled beer. :D Drains I can put in for the water. Trying to keep it as low budget as possible with retention of functionality.

Funny. Enough people build enough things to evade the building regs, the bureaucrats just modify them. Luckily, we're in a rural area in a small county, so there's quite a bit of "wiggle" room. I tore down an old garage / erected a new one three years ago, told no one. Haven't heard anything yet....

oh no no. You didn't tear it down. You just did a lot of minor repairs and after a few years of that it looks as good as new!

What about plain old vinyl/linoleum floors? They're waterproof and if you screw them up, who cares.

I was looking at those. I saw you can buy 8 ft wide sheets of it or I could go vinyl tiles and replace them as they get screwed up.
I wonder how hot it gets under the bottom burner of a three tier system?

Congrats. And so it begins.

Once in awhile I think "what if..." but in the end I've walked that road and so now I will enjoy watching you have fun. All the best and if I can be of any help let me know.

Congrats! Time to starting living the dream! So are you going to stick to a couple of key styles/recipes, or try a variety?

Latest posts

Back