Homebrew shops south suburbs of Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

histo320

Reaction score
I have been extremely busy getting ready for a move back to Illinois and I only have a few weeks to get some brewing in before I start coaching HS football.

Where are the good suppliers around the South Suburbs? I will be living in Bradley-Bourbonnais so I don't want to drive to far but you can't put a distance on the love of beermaking. Or would I be better off ordering from NOthern Brewer or other online supplier.

I'm in LaGrange and go out to Aurora (I know that would be quite the haul for you to make), but Fox Valley Home Brew in downtown Aurora is pretty decent. They also have a brewing club, and if you join it, you get discounts on all your purchases (I think 5%).

Didn't know Bev Art was so close. Do they carry grains or mainly extracts?

BevArt is nice.
Chicagoland Winemakers in Elmhurst is satisfactory, but I would try Mid Country Malting.

They are a wholesale supplier of malt to breweries. They have an online inventory book (in PDF format) which you can look at to see what is available. You buy in bulk, 55# bags. Call the number, order and pay, and tell the helpful employee when you intend to pick up. Drive out and pick up your giant bag o' malt.

Whats the deal with them? Their website is terrible and looks like its set up for brewpubs and such.

Can you just walk in, what are their hours?

BEVART is where my beer cherry was popped and Greg (I think) has pulled me out of a brewing pickle or two.

Back