What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried a Stone Imperial Stout. Way too sweet for me in this season, maybe in January when it could be sub-zero weather.

I'm really digging Winter Grind from the local brewery in town...@MothersBrewing. It's a coffee stout. It inspired me to do that for my next batch of home-brew.

Just drank a bomber of a friends Pliny clone that we brewed together about 3 mos ago. It was so bitter that I couldn't drink more than about 4 oz about 2 weeks after bottling. Tonight it was fantastic. A little of the aroma was gone but it still was hoppy, malty and rich. Not too bitter. Great stuff. I never believed this stuff would mellow out but, as they say, the best one is the last one. Fortunately, because I thought it was so bitter, I saved my 5 bombers. Now I have 4 more!!!!! ;-)

Back at it with S/N pale ale and Lagunitas Little Sumpin
just to break the corners off the night....

Right now, just coffee...is it too early to start on a new belgium trippel? It's my fall back beer, but this is the first time I've ever actually tasted the coriander. I guess I've never had it fresh.

Two Brother's Cain and Ebel RIPA, by far one of my fav's. Also have a sixer of Woodchuck Reserve Bourbon Barrel cider (the first one was ok, but after that it really grew on me).

Other than the Lagunitas IPA clone I just finished off last night (5 gal batch gone in two weeks,.. gotta splain that to SWMBO), I just had a Samuel Adams Third Voyage Double IPA. It was goooood.

rednekhippiemotrcyclfreak said:
Other than the Lagunitas IPA clone I just finished off last night (5 gal batch gone in two weeks,.. gotta splain that to SWMBO), I just had a Samuel Adams Third Voyage Double IPA. It was goooood.

Two weeks? I wish my kegs would last that long... I usually get 1 week out of a 5 gallon batch unless it was less than par.

Just enjoyed a glass of Smuttynose Gravitation off tap. I'm usually not a fan of Smuttynose in general and see this beer isn't getting great reviews on BA but man - this was a good beer! Lots of raisins, molasses, and maybe a touch of honey with barely a note of the 12% ABV. It's a very good big beer from a very mediocre brewery so I think it's a good find.

I just tapped my Nugget/Simcoe/Cascade IPA...it is very nice...5.6%abv. I am very proud of myself...this is one of the first recipes I've written myself.

I am drinking an all Sazz Pils. I am enjoying it but need to hurry because I have a English brown I need to keg and I am out of kegs. I also have on tap an Amerilo IPA and a hard cider but both are still full so I am letting them sit till I get my pils finished off. I hope to kill off the last gallon tonight. :drunk: wish me luck.

What recipe did you use for the Lagunitas IPA? Thanks.

Two weeks? I wish my kegs would last that long... I usually get 1 week out of a 5 gallon batch unless it was less than par.

The recipe is from the BYO 250 clone magazine. So, if I get in the doghouse over blowing a keg in two weeks, I'll just say Burninmules did it in a week.... yeah, that's the ticket!

My home brewed Imperial Chocolate Stout. Hands-down best beer I've brewed so far.

Rogue Chocolate Stout. I brought a bunch of it back into Canada on a trip to the US in October. Always wanted to try it and this is the first time I've had it. Really liking it.

New Belgium Hoptober Niiiiiiiice

I was quite pleasantly surprised and impressed when I tried that at a friends place. Delicious! :mug:

I'm going to have a home brewed American amber that I've dry hopped with 2 oz of simcoe and 2 oz amarillo when I get home. The last time I brewed it I got third place in a comp. This time I used an appropriately sized starter, O2 and temp control so I can't wait to taste it!

Mikkeller single hop ipa's not understanding the dating system on the cap that says 16/10/11 for one of them. The other 10/12/10 definatly could see the age on that one by taste.Both still are great dont get too many ipa's that has a creamy head all the way to the bottem with massive lacing,really good malt aroma/taste,excellent mouthfeel and taste. Whatever carmel/base malts they use thats what i want, im thinking beligian malts but if they are american style(like stated on the bottle) i guess not,i guess maybe.

jonmohno said:
Mikkeller single hop ipa's not understanding the dating system on the cap that says 16/10/11 for one of them. The other 10/12/10 definatly could see the age on that one by taste.Both still are great dont get too many ipa's that has a creamy head all the way to the bottem with massive lacing,really good malt aroma/taste,excellent mouthfeel and taste. Whatever carmel/base malts they use thats what i want, im thinking beligian malts but if they are american style(like stated on the bottle) i guess not,i guess maybe.

Day/month/year

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G using Home Brew Talk

Drinking Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. Love this IPA, one of my favorite winter seasonals, along with the no longer brewed 2*below by new belgium.

pm5k00 said:
Drinking Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. Love this IPA, one of my favorite winter seasonals, along with the no longer brewed 2*below by new belgium.

I buy this every year!!! Love, love this beer. Going to grab me some celebration and anchor Christmas after work tomorrow. Took this week off from drinking after over indulging last Saturday while brewing and spent all of Saturday night and Sunday morning hugging the toilet. Ha.

Beer Valley Delta 9 IPA. About to start in on these bad boys:

beerhaul11102011.jpg

Back