Simcoe Citra Centennial

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BreezyBrew

IPA is my spirit animal
Reaction score
Anyone ever used this combo? here's my recipe pale ale:

8 LB 2 Row
2.5 LB Munich
.5 Flaked Barley

.5 oz Warrior 60 Min
.5 oz Simcoe 15 Min
.5 oz Citra 10 Min
.5 oz Centennial 0 Min

I just did a 16.5% Abv Ipa that had 2oz Simco, 2oz Centennial, 2oz Citra, 2oz Mangnum... Came out great! Took it to my home brewers clue and everyone loved it!

Looks like a nice recipe. I like that you didn't use tons of hops, should a nice balanced beer. What is you IBU target? It would be interesting to brew twice and compare the above schedule to one that moves all the late hops to flameout.

Looks like a nice recipe. I like that you didn't use tons of hops, should a nice balanced beer. What is you IBU target? It would be interesting to brew twice and compare the above schedule to one that moves all the late hops to flameout.

I wanted to be on the lower end of things since they are all high alpha hops. The beers that I have been producing have had plenty of perceived bitterness so I shot for the lower end of the spectrum. BS says 32 IBU but that's because I enter my FWH as 60 min.

I would like to try with all flame out hops as well. Hopefully it turns out and I'll have something to report back.

Right on! US-05 @ 65. Can't wait!

16.5? Sweet Jesus. Bet that would take the paint right off your house. I love it.

It had a little heat but not much... I filled a growler with the 16.5% IPA and 1/2 a habanero... it was awesome!

Back