Bottle conditioning strain for high temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyikos

Reaction score
Hello, I have no easy way to control temperatue while my bottles are conditioned. My house is kept at 75 degrees and I have no control of that to push it lower. I plan to bottle condition for 2 weeks in the same cooler with ice bottles where I ferment, but afterwards I would like to keep the bottles for up to 6 months after that. What yeast strain will produce no esters when its done eating the priming sugar?

Alterntive idea is to put the carbed bottles into the freezer for a few hours to kill of the priming yeast before letting them sit at *75. Anyone see problems with that? In my experience there shouldn't be any living yeast left.

I conditioned with Safale US-05 and it did give some noticeable cider/cabbage flavors. I confirmed with bottle experiments to determine precise ester profiles later that this was the yeast. So it is giving me noticeable flavors, although the culprit might be temperature fluctuations that sometimes send parts of the house to 80.

I have great results at Thai room temps( 28-35c) and full carbonation after 3-4 days with Coopers, Mauribrew and Morgans Australian ale yeast.

Latest posts

Back